Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Practice 9/4/17

TKnight24

2 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

They should believe in him, they scouted him high enough to be a 4th round pick.  I know they love his size and bloodlines.  

So we'll see soon enough if they think he has the stuff to make the next step.  I hope he does, he's got a great personality.  

Turns out,  Cleveland has signed him to their PS.

We've lost Banner.      I don't know if we'll be able to reclaim him somewhere down the road....

But at this point,  we no longer have the kid.       Call me very disappointed...

41 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

We've lost Banner.      I don't know if we'll be able to reclaim him somewhere down the road....

But at this point,  we no longer have the kid.       Call me very disappointed...

I think Cleveland signed him to their ACTIVE roster.  I bet we were trying to slide him into our practice squad but Cleveland claimed him off waivers.

2 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Me too.  I watched everyone one of his snaps.  I do not believe he gave up one sack, possibly not one pressure and no penalties iirc.  Some point to his poor footwork, but those were all on run plays. To me, you don't give up on that kind of guy no matter how poorly his run blocking was.  Oh well, got to "trust the coaches." 

5 minutes ago, cbear said:

Me too.  I watched everyone one of his snaps.  I do not believe he gave up one sack, possibly not one pressure and no penalties iirc.  Some point to his poor footwork, but those were all on run plays. To me, you don't give up on that kind of guy no matter how poorly his run blocking was.  Oh well, got to "trust the coaches." 

Whoa so we gave up a pro bowl rookie to the Browns?! I'm sorry I'm not trying to attack you it's just so many here are 100% certain Banner is the future savior of the o-line. I trust Ballard and "trust the coaches" 

No worries.  In a previous post, I gave the usual caveats about him playing against reserves, etc. and that his run blocking was poor so certainly no guarantees.  But I do stand by what I said about his pass blocking (albeit vs. reserves).  I would haveve kept him just to see the development. 

6 hours ago, cbear said:

No worries.  In a previous post, I gave the usual caveats about him playing against reserves, etc. and that his run blocking was poor so certainly no guarantees.  But I do stand by what I said about his pass blocking (albeit vs. reserves).  I would haveve kept him just to see the development. 

I think their intention was to bring him back to PS. Maybe they planned to keep him, but the series of injuries forced them to waive him so they can carry +1 CB. :(