Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

akcolt

Ballard's kind of CB's

If you listened to Ballard he explained what he looks for in a cornerback. He looks for size speed and a history taking the ball away. If you use that criteria here is a list of CB's who are 6 feet tall or taller and run in the 4.4's or faster with 6 or more career INT's.  At the bottom of the list you find guys who were a little shorter or slower than the criteria but did something to be included. 77

Tankersly   6'1 199lbs      4.40            9 int's

Conley       6' 0195lbs      4.44           6 int's 

Griffin         6'0. 194lbd    4.38            6 int's 

King           6'3 200lbs     4.43            6 int's

H. Wilson   6'1 185lbs     4.54           9int's 

White         5'11 192        4.47           6int's 3 PR td's 

Tabor.         6'0  192lbs    4.62           8int's 3td's 

Awuzie       5'11 202lbs    4.43           3int's 6 FF

Wilson        6'0.  211lbs.   4.54           6int's 

Jackson.     5'9. 186lbs     4.42           6int's   4PR 4KO td's 

These 2 guys were the leaders in INT's for last season. Their season totals were better than everyone but Tankersly and Howard's career output.

Douglas      6'2 209lbs     4.59          8 int's career 9int's

Kazee         5'10 184lbs   4.54          7 int's 17 career int's 6 career FF

This sure makes thing interesting for a guy like Kazee. He lacks ideal size and speed but talk about a nose for the ball.  H Wilson is a guy I really like I mock him to us in the 4th in every mock. He's going to be good. He'd have been a 1st rounder if he went back to school. Tankersly is a guy I like who looks to fit Ballards model. He needs some polish. Douglas and Griffin are late day 2 early day 3 guys. It will be interesting to see how we go  after CB in the draft. It's a spot we need help but also a spot that will still have a lot to offer day 3. 

My gut says if we stay at 15 the Colts go LB/Edge.  If they trade back they look at a CB/S (King?).  Just my hunch.

4 minutes ago, AZColt11 said:

My gut says if we stay at 15 the Colts go LB/Edge.  If they trade back they look at a CB/S (King?).  Just my hunch.

I think we might take Harris if Foster is gone either way.