Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ESPN's Ed Werder mentioned "concerns about his back" when asked why free agent NT Dontari Poe's market has been slow to develop.

Werder also said Poe is asking for a lot of money, which is probably teams' biggest concern. Still, it's worth remembering that Poe has dealt with chronic back problems for years. He underwent surgery to repair a herniated disk during the 2015 offseason and struggled with ongoing back problems in 2016. He also offers very little pass-rush threat and is an overrated run defender.

3 hours ago, CanuckColtsFan said:

I find it odd he's not a pash rush threat. His combine numbers were insane.

His back injuries and the crazy amount of snaps he's taken so far in his career as a NT have taken a toll on him. He may recover and be more effective if the back is better and he has a good rotation to keep him fresh, but he's not the player he was.

3 hours ago, DaColts85 said:

Give me Bennie Logan or Hankins.  Or if they both will take smaller contracts give me both if possible.

Bennie Logan all day.

48 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

The fact that Ballard doesn't seem to have any interest in signing him tells me everything I need to know.

Ballard should spread a rumor that the Colts are interested.  That would make some team sign him. And get him off the board and give us less competition for the remaining NTs.  Ha