Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bluefire's Mock Offseason 1.0

On 2/10/2017 at 2:33 PM, COLTS449 said:

OK. I got ya. I disagree though. I think we'll land a couple big time players, and a couple cheaper guys like a Zach Brown maybe. Like I said with 60 plus million in cap room we'll have to spend, and I think CB will want to turn us back into a contender right away considering we have a franchise QB entering his 6th year. So I think Perry/Ingram, Bouye/Johnson/Claiborne/Ryan, and Brandon Williams/Hankins/Poe could be a very real possibility.

So if you take away the $10M they will hold back for in season moves/roll over,

and add on for rookie contracts, how much is our GM likely to spend on FA?

7 hours ago, throwing BBZ said:

So if you take away the $10M they will hold back for in season moves/roll over,

and add on for rookie contracts, how much is our GM likely to spend on FA?

No idea BBZ. Not a math dude LOL. And everyone wants to say all this crap but the bottom line is we can do what the Giants did last offseason. We have hardly anybody to re-sign. I wouldn't bring Walden back. I had rather sign Ware for a little less as I see Walden getting like 3/24, and Ware probably just 2 years. But I wouldn't do either personally. I just know we have over 60 million to spend in cap room and we'll have like somewhere from 60-70 million to spend next offseason, and one thing people always tend to forget is that the cap is going to keep going up 8-10 mill for the next couple years. So there's absolutely no way we couldn't sign 3-4 really good players. I personally don't see Bouye getting Jenkins money, I don't see Perry getting Vernon money. Ingram will get closer to that IMO I definitely don't see Lang getting Osemele money, and finally Williams and Hankins may get Harrison money, or more, but Bouye and Perry wont get what Jenkins and Vernon got IMO. Zach Brown may get like 3/18 or something similar to what Free got. Maybe something in between Free and Trevathan. Bottom line is we have the means and funds to go for the 3 run homer in free agency. Perry and Bouye would be brilliant signings as both are ascending players who IMO, their best football will be on this coming contract. Zach Brown is a beast but very underrated for whatever reason. At the absolute least we could sign Perry, Bouye, and Williams. 3 signings. But this is what I would like, and its do-able.

Nick Perry - 5 years, 52 million.

AJ Bouye - 5 years, 55 million

Brandon Williams - 4 years, 48 million

TJ Lang - 3 years, 24 Million.

Again....That's completely do-able with the cap room we have. Then we start building through the draft, but we have to sprinkle in some big time FA's. Ingram, if he hits the market will get more money than Perry, but IMO Perry is just starting to tap into his potential and would, along with Bouye would be brilliant FA signings. Perry gives us a stud, double digit sack EDGE rusher who can consistently put pressure on QB's, Bouye gives us a shutdown Corner, and Brandon Williams give us that monster at the nose, absorbing double teams, keeping the LB's clean to make plays, etc. Lang would fix our offensive line overnight.

Sometimes you gotta go all in. This is one of those times. CB, now having a top tier, franchise QB entering his 6th year will, IMO want to turn this team around overnight, and with 3 big FA signings and another smaller one or 2, on top of a monster draft would do just that.

You cant get caught up in all this long term B$ when you have a franchise QB entering his 6th year.  Why wait 3 years to field a SB contender when we can do it now. Actually why the HELL wait, when Luck will be in his 9th and 10th year by then. Its just stupid. Bet your house we'll be big time players in FA. CB seems like an intelligent man. He wont want to waste Luck's career, and hope to build a good team in 3-4 years and maybe win 1 SB. Again. That thinking is just dumb when we can do it now. I'm all about now. We have Luck locked up so worry about 3-4 years from now when that time comes. As long as we draft well, and hit big on a handful of players we wont have any cap concerns whatsoever.