Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NFC Playoffs are set

danlhart87

Don't see NYG making the SB. That defense is stellar but the offense is too stagnant at times which I think will affect them against teams like Dallas, GB, or even Atlanta.

Heres what I got

Lions at Seahawks: Seahawks

Giants at Packers: Packers

Packers at Cowboys: Packers (Dallas is good no doubt but I'm not trusting a rookie duo in the playoffs for the first time against Aaron Rodgers)

Seahawks at Falcons: Falcons (They barely lost to them on the road. Now at home, Matt Ryan and his boys get it done)

Packers at Falcons: Packers

I'm an A rod fanboy as you can tell.

Giants and Packers worries me. Been pulling hard for GB but they are terrible vs. the Giants in the playoffs. But, they are due and if they are to do it this is the time.....

I think I am most curious to see what happens to those two teams since I always felt the winner of this game along with the Cowboys are the best bets to win the NFC.

Hard to say what happens to Seattle. I feel it is foolish to count them out........since they can turn it "on" if they want to but man they have been so bad lately that if they don't turn it on fast the Lions will upset them. It's like they showed up for the game in NE for SB revenge and slacked off the rest of the year.

Not sure about the Falcons, reminds me of I think it was 2010 when the Packers went to Atlanta in the divisional and just ran it up on the Falcons and played with their souls.

Cowboys are the loaded ones. The offense is amazing and the defense is "good enough". However I do worry about relying on a rookie QB and RB in the postseason.

I would not count out Seattle either. They are a team who could literally "flip the switch" if they felt like it. They are counted out sitting there at the third seed but it also kind of reminds me of the 2006 Colts who did not end the year too well for weeks and got hot at the right time.

On 1/2/2017 at 11:45 PM, Jules said:

Giants and Packers worries me. Been pulling hard for GB but they are terrible vs. the Giants in the playoffs. But, they are due and if they are to do it this is the time.....

I think I am most curious to see what happens to those two teams since I always felt the winner of this game along with the Cowboys are the best bets to win the NFC.

GB should've tanked to Detriot and took the safer route to Seattle. I see no way they get past both the Giants and Cowboys alive...and if they do, not counting the NFCCG, I just don't get how they would beat the Patriots. Right now, I don't see how anyone in the NFC can really stop the Pats....

Everyone is going to take this post and tell me how Rodgers is so great and the best quarterback ever, but Rodgers a lot of times does not perform well against great defenses that can close up the windows down field and blitz him. We've seen this time and time again where he'll just stand there and take sacks or throw out of bounds rather than risk trying to force the ball in tight windows. He had major issues with Dallas in the season and playing the Giants is going to be the first time that GB is tested against a serious defense in a long while. Seattle don't really count cause they're terrible on the road this past year. 

Another point, and to everyone picking the Packers to win it all - what about that secondary? Every year in the playoffs, GB ends up getting torched by some really good team. Kaepernick torched them back to back in 2012 and 2013, the Seahawks weren't scared at all to throw a hail mary on them in 2014, and last year was probably the worst when Fitzgerald burned them on one big play.

Giants have Odel, and Dallas has Elliot and Dez....I don't see how GB's defense is going to survive them both. 

1 hour ago, Synthetic said:

GB should've tanked to Detriot and took the safer route to Seattle. I see no way they get past both the Giants and Cowboys alive...and if they do, not counting the NFCCG, I just don't get how they would beat the Patriots. Right now, I don't see how anyone in the NFC can really stop the Pats....

Everyone is going to take this post and tell me how Rodgers is so great and the best quarterback ever, but Rodgers a lot of times does not perform well against great defenses that can close up the windows down field and blitz him. We've seen this time and time again where he'll just stand there and take sacks or throw out of bounds rather than risk trying to force the ball in tight windows. He had major issues with Dallas in the season and playing the Giants is going to be the first time that GB is tested against a serious defense in a long while. Seattle don't really count cause they're terrible on the road this past year. 

Another point, and to everyone picking the Packers to win it all - what about that secondary? Every year in the playoffs, GB ends up getting torched by some really good team. Kaepernick torched them back to back in 2012 and 2013, the Seahawks weren't scared at all to throw a hail mary on them in 2014, and last year was probably the worst when Fitzgerald burned them on one big play.

Giants have Odel, and Dallas has Elliot and Dez....I don't see how GB's defense is going to survive them both. 

Rodgers>Brees