Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

San Diego (+4.5) at Denver (10-30-16)

oldunclemark

4:05..EST......Greg Gumbel, Trent Green and Jaime Erdhal on CBS

Low 70s and partly sunny....over-run 43.5

the only [person hotter than Jaime Erdhal is SD QB Phillip Rivers ( 162 of 245, 2,018 yards, 13 Tds, 4 INTs) who led the 33-30 upset win at Atlanta last week.

6-foot-4 Ty Williams ( 31 catches, 526 yards) has been good and old man Antonio Gates is reliable but

RB Melvin Gordon (138 carries, 461 yards) has 8 rushing TDs in 7 games

Denver QB Trevor Siemian (112 of 176 , 1,211 yards, 8 TDs, 3 INTs) is a poor man's Aex Smith.

Takes few chances.....Makes few turnovers

Broncos will go the rest of the regular season without top rusher CJ Anderson (110 carries, 437 yards, 4 TDs)

Devonate Booker (51 carries, 244 yards) is the new starter..

WRs Emmanual Sanders (40 carries, 499 yards) and Demariyus Thomas (37 catches, 456 yards) figure to see some deep tosses but only iof the Bronco line can block SD N. draft choice Joey Bosa who has 4 sacks in 4 games...

Broncos have 20 QB sacks but Rivers gets rid of the ball fast and has only been sacked 17 times. Aqib ('Man with the Golden Gun') Talib has a bad back and may not play

These games are usually close and Denver is a low-scoring team...

Denver lost at SD earlier this month........Id take San Diego quick, fast and in a hurry...if I can get 4.5

My family are Broncos fans, so we'll be trash talking back and forth during the game.  I've convinced them  that Rivers is a really good guy, so they don't hate us anymore, lol!  If we play clean ball, we can do this.  However, we have yet to have a clean game... too many mistakes.  Feeling good about our chances though.  We are soooo young, but our young guys are growing up right before our eyes. 

I don't like Denver's system. I think it is old, outdated and somewhat boring. Interestingly, the only times Manning looked good last year is when they went away from it such as vs NE in the first half of the playoffs. In saying all that, Luck would be much better off with the Kubiak system than he has been in Indy the last few years. 

7 minutes ago, 19colt said:

I don't like Denver's system. I think it is old, outdated and somewhat boring. Interestingly, the only times Manning looked good last year is when they went away from it such as vs NE in the first half of the playoffs. In saying all that, Luck would be much better off with the Kubiak system than he has been in Indy the last few years. 

There's a lot to be said for what you just said

amazing NFL doesnt have a penalty or fine  for out of field of play knockout of opposing DC responsible for this teams wins

carted off  but moved something an announcer said , lets hope hes fine, hes been in this league forever and has always made a difference when DC

Broncos D is stifling.  Our OLine is  better than last year but not stellar.  Too many fans will say "We gave the game away" and not credit the D that caused those give aways.  Great D forces errors and that was the story of the game.  

That said, a couple calls one way or the other (2 pt conversion flag bogus), a field goal and an extra point that were made and we're still in the game. 

The truth is that we are running out of play makers on O with all the injuries.  When your QB is throwing to a guy you hadn't even heard of 2 games ago it's not a great thing.  Our D is playing lights out with rookies and young guns and injuries.  This isn't our year but our future is looking up.