Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Dez Bryant hairlin fracture Tibial Plateau

ColtsBlueFL

Didn't see anything posted.  Saw Jason Garret mention it, said he might play Sunday anyway and others have done so, or at least  within a week or two.

My spidey senses went off the charts and I investigated.  Seems its the lateral tibial plateau of his right knee, a weight bearing portion of the knee.   Just my hunch, but we may have another Pagano/Luck media presser- where last year Pagano got many peoples hopes up that Luck would come back from his kidney laceration in two weeks.

My guess is Dez is out a minimum 3 weeks, and 4-6 is not out of the question.  Him coming back the week following the Cowboys bye weeks seems reasonable to me.  Just throwing it out there, for those that play FF or DFS.  Keep an eye on his practice participation and treatments.

The injury he has places great weight and stress on a weight bearing part of the knee.  Pain and muscle swelling could prevent him from getting out on and staying on the field until it heals a good amount.

Depends on where/how much the tibial plateau fracture is.  It's not so much a 'pain thing' as an "articulaltion thing". Uneven weight bearing area is really bad... and could easily happen on the very "next" hit to that knee.  Now it is a 'displaced fracture', not hairline. Better to let it heal IMHO. But who am I?

I'm confidant Cowboys medical team 'gets it right'...

Let's see what transpires here...

" For the record I think he should sit and get this healed before returning to the field."

Good call.  I'm in favor.  Even if 6-8 weeks...

2 hours ago, Happy2BeHere said:

Well it just depends if the drugs he pumps himself full of before the game allow him to play...otherwise he will be out.

2 hours ago, Happy2BeHere said:

For the record I think he should sit and get this healed before returning to the field.

yup!