Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Tyrod Taylor gets a $100 mil contract?!

Lawrence Owen

I'm all about defending the faith...........when it's under attack. Gosh knows I've been through it as a Favre fanboy. Some people are so desperately paranoid that they feel attacked no matter what somebody says about anything though. And even if you are under attack you have to let the small stuff go if you don't want to be called out on it. I mean I'm taking Luck over Taylor every time but it'll take way more than a Bogie 1 liner to get me started on even explaining because there's no need for an explanation. 

59 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

I guess that is what being a fan is. Fan is a slang for fanatic and every team has them regardless of your personal thoughts on it.

Defending a favorite player to the death from all criticisms whether real or perceived while minimalizing the achievements/attributes of rivals playing the same position  is only one type of fan and fortunately does not apply to all. 

13 hours ago, Lawrence Owen said:

But if i read this right..He's supposed to get $27 mil in the 2nd year if the Bills pick it up...that's A LOT of money in a year....yes the option to pick up or drop are nice..but it seems to have a cost.

If I understand you,  then Taylor would be getting #27 Mill over two years and not 27 over 1.

Or, am I misunderstanding you?      If I am,  I'll head over to Spotrac and check out his deal there.....

2 hours ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Defending a favorite player to the death from all criticisms whether real or perceived while minimalizing the achievements/attributes of rivals playing the same position  is only one type of fan and fortunately does not apply to all. 

Your bravery should be commended

/s

2 hours ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Your choice. If you feel the need to judge someone because they choose to be a fan that is your problem. Calling someone out over it shows a flaw in your personality.

2 hours ago, BloodyChamp said:

I'm all about defending the faith...........when it's under attack. Gosh knows I've been through it as a Favre fanboy. Some people are so desperately paranoid that they feel attacked no matter what somebody says about anything though. And even if you are under attack you have to let the small stuff go if you don't want to be called out on it. I mean I'm taking Luck over Taylor every time but it'll take way more than a Bogie 1 liner to get me started on even explaining because there's no need for an explanation. 

I'll drop it after this but it wasn't just a Bogie 1 liner for the reasoning of my initial Post. If that was the first or 2nd time Bogie Posted something like that then I would laugh it off. He has done this multiple times though regarding Peyton, Luck, and our Front office. When I mean multiple I have seen it a bunch and I have only been here a little over a year. From now on I am going to take the high road when some people want to make snide remarks about our players for no reason, not even worth my breath anymore because there are always going to be 2 or 3 people on every Site like that. Like I said if Luck comes out and lays an egg in a certain game then bash away, I will even be critical of him when he plays badly but that's different.

6 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Your choice. If you feel the need to judge someone because they choose to be a fan that is your problem. Calling someone out over it shows a flaw in your personality.

Are you saying that I have a personality flaw because I don't agree with those who insecurely disparage the achievements of other players just to make the player they support appear to be better?  Is that really what being a fan is to you?

19 hours ago, Bogie said:

Not as bad as Luck's insane contract. 

Luck's contract was a HUGE STEAL for the team, borderline April Fools worthy. I was expecting 25-30 million a year.

Without getting into the intricacies, 23.33 million a year for today's QB contracts is nothing, when you consider what Brock Osweiler got for being a career backup, it was pretty much the same contract that Joe Flacco got years ago.

59 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Are you saying that I have a personality flaw because I don't agree with those who insecurely disparage the achievements of other players just to make the player they support appear to be better?  Is that really what being a fan is to you?

Now that you have put your own meaning to my comment feel free to judge it now.

1 hour ago, rock8591 said:

Luck's contract was a HUGE STEAL for the team, borderline April Fools worthy. I was expecting 25-30 million a year.

Without getting into the intricacies, 23.33 million a year for today's QB contracts is nothing, when you consider what Brock Osweiler got for being a career backup, it was pretty much the same contract that Joe Flacco got years ago.

In 5 years, Luck will be underpaid

5 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

If I understand you,  then Taylor would be getting #27 Mill over two years and not 27 over 1.

Or, am I misunderstanding you?      If I am,  I'll head over to Spotrac and check out his deal there.....

Sptrac doesn't have the full contract yet...but it is 28 (round up) over 2 years.   They haven't got all the signing bonus' and other details yet though.