Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

UKColts Last Mock (Probably)

I'm projecting that we don't trade back. Purely because I don't think Paxton Lynch will still be on the board at #18 with Goff and Wentz going at either 1 or 2. I'm thinking SF might make him their pick if the blue chip defensive players are gone, which they should be. 

Round 1: Andrew Billings - NT/DE - Baylor: Big bundle of power and bad intentions. Can anchor our line for the next decade. Gives us a positively nasty run defense and gives us a guy who can flush the pocket as a pass rusher. Some argue that we don't have a need there, and to some extent I agree. Parry looked good last year. But Art Jones is coming off 2 season ending injuries and who knows how or even if he'll bounce back. Kerr is just another guy imo. An interior line of Langford, Anderson, Billings, Parry and McGill is a group I have a lot of confidence in.

Round 2: Noah Spence - OLB - Easter Kentucky - Big time potential with an even bigger motor.  Out to prove he can roll in the NFL. High character guy who made mistakes. Urban Meyer personally vouched for him when applying to Eastern Kentucky. We have the leadership in the locker room to keep him on the straight and narrow. 

Round 3: Christian Westerman - G/C - Arizona State - I'll start by saying I'm not certain he'll be there. Teams going BPA might be looking at him in the late 2nd but he is a zone only player which limits his market. Has the versatility to be a 2 position player. True technician, who wins through proper technique over brute force. Can contend with Holmes and Thornton to start and will likely unseat one of them very soon. 

Round 4: Jack Allen - C - Michigan State - Just an FYI, I'm not projecting him as an immediate starter. The opposite of Westerman in that he often wins through brute force rather than proper technique, so we'd need to work on his technique before letting him loose. Built for a zone scheme. High character leader in college. Fits right into our locker room. 

Round 5 - Aaron Wallace - OLB - UCLA - Twitched up athlete with good bend and potential to be a diamond in the rough pass rusher. Played vast majority if not all of his snaps as stand up rusher from either Rush or SAM. Good size (6'3 240) runs a sub 4.6 40, 25 reps on the bench and a 36" vertical. Downfall is he only has one year of starter experience and needs to work on his awareness. He could be a very effective situational rusher early on. Watch his game against Cal. 

Round 7: Marquez North - WR - Tennessee - Has the raw traits hands and size but needs hella work on his technique and his route running. Project player. 

I wanted to to pick up a Safety in this draft but I couldn't find anywhere to put one where they would be the best option. I started to put Karl Joseph in the 2nd but I had too many doubts about his availability.

This draft should improve our interior O line and give us good depth. We've picked up 2 outside pass rushers, one that should be an instant starter and another who has big potential and starts as the new Jonathan Newsome without his off the field issues as well as an athletic anchor that can push the pocket. 

I like this draft a bit, Potential big impact players at every position.

As much as I like Billings I would probably take Floyd in the 1st, Take Hassan Ridgeway in the 4th (Im not nearly as high on Jack Allen. I like Westerman in the 3rd). I'd take Fackrell in the 2nd

Overall I'd go

1.Floyd

2.Fackrell

3.Westerman

4.Ridgeway

with my first 4 picks possibly, But I like 5 of your six picks with the exception of Allen

I'm not confident that Spence would make it to the second, but if he does and this happens, I think we have to take him. Calhoun or Correa would be good backup choices if Spence doesn't make it to our second pick. I don't think we could get a better draft than this.