Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Irsay Says Manning's Health Will Not Impact If They Take A Qb

GoColts8818

You do not know that at all, there is no way Jim Irsay has made a decision he is a GM he knew what happened in 98 and he knows plenty other stories about being set on one person.. they will look at tape and look at the combine THEN make their decision... you saying that they have already made it when they have no HC no actual offense set in place for next season is a joke.

The HC is will have no say what so ever in who they pick in the draft. It is my opinion that the decision HAS already been made and it will be Luck.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the reason most ppl doubt is partly because of who he is, i mean its true lets not kid ourselves most of the african american QB's have not been as successful as a tom brady or john elway in the League.. but with the coming of Cam Newton who was never considered a pure passer UNLIKE Griffin i have no doubt in my mind Griffin will be a Great QB.

I'm far more leery about him winning the heisman than I am him being black.

Black Qbs have had success in the league recently,

When was the last heisman winning QB to be successful?

I have way more concerns that he was never able to read defenses in college. His coaches called all the plays at the line because apparently they didn't have faith in him to call the right plays. I couldn't care less if he was purple, yellow, green, or plaid, im just not sure he will ever have the kind of success playing with the big boys as he had playing in college.

The HC is will have no say what so ever in who they pick in the draft. It is my opinion that the decision HAS already been made and it will be Luck.

What in the world gave you that idea? early in football there wasnt even such a thing as a GM cause the HC would be the one evaluating talent as well as the owner and its still that way and it will always be that way with the GM of course.. now that polian is gone the HC is definitely gonna be a voice in the war room..... and arent you the one who says not to state opinions like they are facts? yet here you are doing the same thing.

What in the world gave you that idea? early in football there wasnt even such a thing as a GM cause the HC would be the one evaluating talent as well as the owner and its still that way and it will always be that way with the GM of course.. now that polian is gone the HC is definitely gonna be a voice in the war room..... and arent you the one who says not to state opinions like they are facts? yet here you are doing the same thing.

It is not an opinion that the coach won't have a say in who we draft, thats just the way it is. He may give some input but it won't be a deciding factor. This is the point in Irsay getting rid of the Polians, he wanted his football team back. The GM and HC can give their input, but Irsay will have the final say even if it differs from the others.

I wouldnt dub the heisman trophy as the madden curse but look at teebow he was the last QB to win the heisman and in his first season as a starter he took his team to the playoffs and he isnt even a true QB.. Black QBs have had success no doubt but when was the last time youve heard the term Great other than the Oilers QB.

It is not an opinion that the coach won't have a say in who we draft, thats just the way it is. He may give some input but it won't be a deciding factor. This is the point in Irsay getting rid of the Polians, he wanted his football team back. The GM and HC can give their input, but Irsay will have the final say even if it differs from the others.

Nooooooo one thing that is certain the person who will have most of the say in the draft is Grigson, Irsay said he has veto powers but he rarely useses that and i doubt he will use that in the draft.. this isnt the cowboys where jerry jones wants to be the main say... Grigson will be the one choosing who, going to pro days and telling irsay why he wants to draft whoever it is... but irsay will not be the one choosing the QB's because he isnt the GM.

Idk why people think irsay is gonna be the one picking the QB when he isnt even gonna be the one evaluating the QB's or other players.. The HC will have a say, obviously he's not gonna be the one picking the QB's but his input is still a heavy input because he's the one that has to work with that player.

Nooooooo one thing that is certain the person who will have most of the say in the draft is Grigson, Irsay said he has veto powers but he rarely useses that and i doubt he will use that in the draft.. this isnt the cowboys where jerry jones wants to be the main say... Grigson will be the one choosing who, going to pro days and telling irsay why he wants to draft whoever it is... but irsay will not be the one choosing the QB's because he isnt the GM.

Idk why people think irsay is gonna be the one picking the QB when he isnt even gonna be the one evaluating the QB's or other players.. The HC will have a say, obviously he's not gonna be the one picking the QB's but his input is still a heavy input because he's the one that has to work with that player.

Feel free to not read this one either....

Jim Irsay on the importance of the new general manager seeing eye-to-eye with him:

“Again, on major issues for the franchise, and it’s been this way, always, since Bill (Polian) was here at the beginning, that I have final say on them. When it comes to picking a head coach, when it comes to picking a first-round draft pick and when it comes to some of those major decisions, it ultimately has always been presented to me that, ‘this is what we’re thinking, but it’s your call.’ That is the way it has to be. At the same time, how much impact and how much influence (the people around me have), when I hire outstanding people I listen to them a lot. At the same time, sometimes you can disagree. Again, from an owner’s standpoint, only the owner sometimes can hold the total vision for the franchise. So you have to make sure when it comes time to make some key ownership decisions, that you are getting good counsel, but ultimately you’re making (the decisions) in the end.”

If Grigson presents RGIII as the #1 draft pick and Irsay has it in his mind that Luck is the better choice, it's going to be Luck. There is no way around it.

Feel free to not read this one either....

Jim Irsay on the importance of the new general manager seeing eye-to-eye with him:

If Grigson presents RGIII as the #1 draft pick and Irsay has it in his mind that Luck is the better choice, it's going to be Luck. There is no way around it.

That's basically what I said, irsay has the veto powers be he rarely uses it.... as for irsay being set on someone its never been that way irsay as a business owner has the common sense not to rule either out and stay open minded... the whole time fans thought irsay was in love with bill when that wasn't the case at all.... until the HC is appointed there wont be any set minds on who to pick.

That's basically what I said, irsay has the veto powers be he rarely uses it.... as for irsay being set on someone its never been that way irsay as a business owner has the common sense not to rule either out and stay open minded... the whole time fans thought irsay was in love with bill when that wasn't the case at all.... until the HC is appointed there wont be any set minds on who to pick.

Well I'm sure Irsay wasn't in love will Polian so to speak but after working with someone 13 or 14 years it's awfully hard to make the decision to let them go. I would say that was probably harder to do than letting Caldwell and Chris to go. Irsay said he has the powers to make the final decision and never had to veto their decision but I'm betting it's because they have talked things out and came to the correct decision for the organization long before that is needed. :thmsup: JMO of course.

Well I'm sure Irsay wasn't in love will Polian so to speak but after working with someone 13 or 14 years it's awfully hard to make the decision to let them go. I would say that was probably harder to do than letting Caldwell and Chris to go. Irsay said he has the powers to make the final decision and never had to veto their decision but I'm betting it's because they have talked things out and came to the correct decision for the organization long before that is needed. :thmsup: JMO of course.

No thats not it, fans were thinking that irsay was either some how dependent on polian or so bent on the guy that he would let any polian at the top of the totem pole because they are a polian... evidently that wasnt the case. My point is ppl are assuming that Irsay has already made up his mind about which QB to draft when he really hasnt because it doesnt work like that.. there are two very good QBs and its gonna take alot of tape and looking at the combine and pro days to make their decisions.

As for the decision making its a no brainer who has the final say i mean obviously cause its his team BUT its not his job to make those pics because he hired someone for that which is why im saying Grigson and the HC will have an impact on who they draft and a big one at that.

I wouldnt dub the heisman trophy as the madden curse but look at teebow he was the last QB to win the heisman and in his first season as a starter he took his team to the playoffs and he isnt even a true QB.. Black QBs have had success no doubt but when was the last time youve heard the term Great other than the Oilers QB.

Yeah, Sorry that post of mine you qouted was kind of a joke. I don't think winning the heisman or being black is going to have any impact on if RG3 succedes in the NFL or not.

I actually don't really watch much college football so I don't have an educated opinon on either QB. The few times I've seen him interviewed though, he's carried himself incredibly well and you can defintely see he has a lot of the off field stuff you're looking for in a QB. If that translates into the NFL or not remains to be seen.

I am usually wary of running quarterbacks, simply because it seems that many of them are so much more athletic than the rest of teh guys they play against growing up that they aren't forced to develop as passers until they reach higher levels. Being able to make plays running is a great tool, but if you can't pass, you're playing the wrong position.

No thats not it, fans were thinking that irsay was either some how dependent on polian or so bent on the guy that he would let any polian at the top of the totem pole because they are a polian... evidently that wasnt the case. My point is ppl are assuming that Irsay has already made up his mind about which QB to draft when he really hasnt because it doesnt work like that.. there are two very good QBs and its gonna take alot of tape and looking at the combine and pro days to make their decisions.

As for the decision making its a no brainer who has the final say i mean obviously cause its his team BUT its not his job to make those pics because he hired someone for that which is why im saying Grigson and the HC will have an impact on who they draft and a big one at that.

I also agree with the part of that is why he hired a GM but I also think he is somewhat taking back some of the power and control that he let Polian have so he will have a big say in the final decision without having to use his veto option. The power that Polian had kind of got out of hand and Irsay doesn't want that to happen again and again that is just my take on everything.

Yeah, Sorry that post of mine you qouted was kind of a joke. I don't think winning the heisman or being black is going to have any impact on if RG3 succedes in the NFL or not.

I actually don't really watch much college football so I don't have an educated opinon on either QB. The few times I've seen him interviewed though, he's carried himself incredibly well and you can defintely see he has a lot of the off field stuff you're looking for in a QB. If that translates into the NFL or not remains to be seen.

I am usually wary of running quarterbacks, simply because it seems that many of them are so much more athletic than the rest of teh guys they play against growing up that they aren't forced to develop as passers until they reach higher levels. Being able to make plays running is a great tool, but if you can't pass, you're playing the wrong position.

Well ive never seen a QB thats so balanced and is as accurate as this guy, i know for sure whatever team he plays on they are gonna be pretty exciting to watch because of his speed.. but at the same time the way he carries himself in the pocket..

Andrew Luck or Robert Griffin III im gonna be really excited for the main fact that they are both dual threat QB's.. ones just much faster and has the ability to hit his receivers in stride more.