Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

1st and only 2016 draft with trade

Trade with Cleveland who are desperate to pick up WR Treadwell at #18. Give colts # 32 and 65.

Colts:

32. Kelly-C-Alabama

48. Correa-OLB Boise State

65. Smith-LB Notre Dame

83.Joseph-S-WV..................Alt.Thompson-S-Boise State

116. Westerman-G-Arizona State

155. Drake-RB-Alabama

239. Valentine-DT-Nebraska

According to the trade value chart 18 is worth 900 points 32 and 65 are worth 855. Add 4th round pick and you add 104 points to the 855 (959 points). I  don't think that once you get past pick 15 that there is a great deal of difference between 18 and 32 plus you are picking up 65. We have several needs and i believe we can pick up 3 very good players vs 2 by pick 65. i would do it in a heart beat.

I like the idea, but I don't believe Kelly will be there at 32. He could be, but I would not feel comfortable going back that far. 

Also, I would want to draft him in the first round so we have the fifth year option.

I think Kelly will get drafted somewhere between 16 and 24.

Fair enough Blue, one never knows. I wouldn't feel real bad if we had to take Whitehair at 32 as some project him at center or Floyd. So many things can happen but my biggest point is we could pick up an extra potential starter by trading down and picking up an extra early third rounder. No one knows for sure who they may pick or have available other thanTenn in the first. 

I've seen Smith anywhere from end of first round, to mid 4th round.....  People won't know until tomorrow if he has even regained full control of his foot.....  It was a serious career-threatening injury, everything hinges on Jaylon's med. exams tomorrow, and how his nerve damage is healing....

2 hours ago, Black0ut117 said:

There is no way that Jaylon Smith lasts till pick 65...

I think he could be there, however, if he does fall that far I think it is only due to a bad report coming from his medical re-checks and we'd probably want to steer clear anyway.  If he has good medicals at the re-check I would say grabbing him at 18 is our only chance.