Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jakeem Grant!!!

On 3/25/2016 at 5:50 PM, weslo1812 said:

This may he a guy alot of teams sleep on bease of lack of size at only 5'7 or so. But he's got something that can't be really be taught, Speed!!! And speed to an elite level. Had a 40 time of 4.12. He's very shifty and elusive. I think he's a guy that has some potential in the NFL if used right. Wouldn't mind seeing the Colts nab him in the later rounds if he's there.

I was actually going to start a Topic on Grant after he ran his 40. I've seen slow-mo video of his pro day 40 and he actually did a 4.3, But he is quick, shifty, and has great top end speed. IMO he's Darren Sproles 2.0 and that could be a Very good thing for us. I watched him play several games and he's definitely got "it". His game against Oklahoma State 2015 was pure beauty. 

5 minutes ago, GoColts00 said:

I was actually going to start a Topic on Grant after he ran his 40. I've seen slow-mo video of his pro day 40 and he actually did a 4.3, But he is quick, shifty, and has great top end speed. IMO he's Darren Sproles 2.0 and that could be a Very good thing for us. I watched him play several games and he's definitely got "it". His game against Oklahoma State 2015 was pure beauty. 

I have seen slow mo of him with clock and it was 4.12 when he was accross the 40 yd line. NO reportedly clocked him at 4.10 with it being rather windy out. But I've read he's ran in the 4.3s too. He's had a range of times. Either way he's fast...and as you say he's got "IT"

Just now, weslo1812 said:

I have seen slow mo as well with clock and it was 4.12 when he was accross the 40 yd line. NO reportedly clocked him at 4.10 with it being rather windy out. But I've read he's ran in the 4.3s too. He's had a range of times. Either way he's fast...and as you say he's got "IT"

No matter what the 40 time I would be excited to have Jakeem Grant on the Colts. The guy tore up defenses!

1 minute ago, GoColts00 said:

No matter what the 40 time I would be excited to have Jakeem Grant on the Colts. The guy tore up defenses!

Yeah I'd definitely give a 7th to him. And see what he can do. I'm sure Chud could get creative and create some packages for him. And even use him outta the backfield. I can just see screen passes this dude. Just get him a tad bit of daylight and it could be 10 yds at a minimal.  

26 minutes ago, weslo1812 said:

Yeah I'd definitely give a 7th to him. And see what he can do. I'm sure Chud could get creative and create some packages for him. And even use him outta the backfield. I can just see screen passes this dude. Just get him a tad bit of daylight and it could be 10 yds at a minimal.  

I do not see any linebacker that could roll with this kid coming out of the backfield. There would be tons of mismatches to exploit short and downfield. And I just love that he's a great pass catcher when used as a receiver. Coming into the league already schooled on the Wr position in terms of routes.

If the opportunity is there Grigs will pick this guy.  He said he wants guys that explode off the tape, guys who you don't have to make yourself like.  Guys who it is just clear why you should select them.  Grant may be small but he certainly jumps off the tape when you watch him.

18 minutes ago, krunk said:

As a WR I can think of so many different ways to get this guy open on rub routes. He just kills you in the short game.  Anything off coverage is a virtual win for him.

Yeah....I really don't know there is a corner that keep up with him in the league at all. All he needs is a little space and it's over. And from some things I've read Chud is pretty bright when it comes to creating offensive gameplans. So that leaves me even a little more encouraged that we coukd make good use of this guy. And I'll venture to say that I could see using as high as our 5th round pick on him of the staff is high on him and really likes him. I know alot of folks probably are gonna hate me saying that and hate that thought with all the needs we have. But as you said already, these are the typeof guys Grigs and his staff love.

30 minutes ago, weslo1812 said:

Yeah....I really don't know there is a corner that keep up with him in the league at all. All he needs is a little space and it's over. And from some things I've read Chud is pretty bright when it comes to creating offensive gameplans. So that leaves me even a little more encouraged that we coukd make good use of this guy. And I'll venture to say that I could see using as high as our 5th round pick on him of the staff is high on him and really likes him. I know alot of folks probably are gonna hate me saying that and hate that thought with all the needs we have. But as you said already, these are the typeof guys Grigs and his staff love.

I was reading Zierleins write up and he said there's a chance someone may go as high as a 3rd rounder for him.  Not saying I want us to do that, but I do think he's worth a draft pick certainly.

Grant's size will immediately eliminate him from many draft boards, but teams looking for pure speed, a kick returner and a slot option who can add new wrinkles to an offense may have Grant on a target list. Grant might be small, but he doesn't play small and hes certainly not a novelty act. Grant's pro day workout might have created enough buzz to warrant a third-day selection.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/profiles/jakeem-grant?id=2556190

On ‎3‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 10:09 PM, akcolt said:

That was a running back from Illinois St. Marshaun Coprich. He's good I'd love to have him. It's looking more and more like we are going to grab a RB this year. Coprich get's my vote. He ran a 5th fastest time for RB's 4.47 right behind another kid we are tied fo Lasco 4.46

This kid Grant is a WR from Texas Tech. There is the undersized kid with the crazy 40 every year. Last Pitt took him in the 3rd. His impact was so big I can't remember his name. I expect the same from Grant. 

You know the more I watch Coprich I see a good bit of Shady Mcoy in there

On March 26, 2016 at 9:41 PM, krunk said:

The Colts already worked him out. He's probably who Irsay was talking about when he said we were looking for a Sproles type of back.

Like most people already stated Grant has tremendous speed, which always scares opposing DCs. 

On March 27, 2016 at 9:53 PM, krunk said:

Love the value you get from him in the quick hitch/quick screen game. It's pretty much a first down or big play every time you go to him.  You can use him a lot as a pure WR to minimize concerns about pass protection, but at the same time you can get great use out of him on obvious running downs if you choose to use him as a running back.

Bingo! This kid would be fabulous on screens. I'm always leery on the wide running lanes WRs & RBs have to maneuver in college vs the pros, but Grant has a nose for the end zone like a blood hound which can't really be taught. I'd gamble on him. No question. He's so versatile. He's got soft hands & that near interception for a TD was incredible because he displayed great concentration & never gave up on basically a broken play that yielded points. 

On March 28, 2016 at 10:01 PM, krunk said:

If the opportunity is there Grigs will pick this guy.  He said he wants guys that explode off the tape, guys who you don't have to make yourself like.  Guys who it is just clear why you should select them.  Grant may be small but he certainly jumps off the tape when you watch him.

Excellent observation krunk! Yeah I know, I comically pleaded with Grigs on the forum not to take another WR, but Grant is so darn quick that like you said before, if Gore is used like a battering ram & Grant slices thru a tired defense like butter, it takes so much pressure off Luck & keeps him healthy all 16 weeks. No more lacerated kidney problems. Nice. 

He could be our Brian Westbrook. Just like how HC Andy Reid utilized him on RB bubble screens to move the chains on 3rd down. I'm not saying both men are identical in talent just useful in keeping drives alive & resting our defense that's all. 

7 hours ago, southwest1 said:

Excellent observation krunk! Yeah I know, I comically pleaded with Grigs on the forum not to take another WR, but Grant is so darn quick that like you said before, if Gore is used like a battering ram & Grant slices thru a tired defense like butter, it takes so much pressure off Luck & keeps him healthy all 16 weeks. No more lacerated kidney problems. Nice. 

He could be our Brian Westbrook. Just like how HC Andy Reid utilized him on RB bubble screens to move the chains on 3rd down. I'm not saying both men are identical in talent just useful in keeping drives alive & resting our defense that's all. 

Yeah I like him a lot.   He'd make plays for us at WR and RB.  I also like this other RB Marshaun Coprich the other guy we just worked out.  He reminds me of Lashaun Mcoy in some ways with some of his cuts, speed and running style.  We honestly could add both of them because I feel like at least one of them will go undrafted.  I'd be real happy if we did, although I'm concerned about us having too many small receivers.  I'd like to have at least one more big body but Grant is very hard to pass up.  I know that kid could play in this league.