Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mock Draft

I would move down and grab extra picks if I could find a partner.

18 Billings He is the guy I've wanted all along. A 2 gap NT. He makes the D better from day 2. He is a rarity a playmaker at NT. 

2nd Fuller CB he's a steal here 1st round talent. I'd have a hard time passing on Kelly but I woukd. A C in the top 50? Then he's from Bama yeah I'm not buying. CB are more valuable and we need another outside guy.. Smitn is a slot guy. Burns is another guy we have been tied too. 

3rd Jenkins OLB I think he is one of the most under valued guys in the draft. He can set the edge and can get after the QB. A lot of room to grow as a pass rusher. He's going to be make us or Pittsburgh very happy.

4th Allen C We have to fix the C position. I would look at Westerman Glasgow and Boehm too. Any are good value here. I wish we would sign Wiz and be done with it. 

5th Ngakoue I saw this guy take on some good OL. Conklin and Decker to name 2. He put the kid from Iowa Sherfth  on skates 2 yrs ago. He has some work to do but he has put up good numbers in the Big 10. He seems coachable. We need an Edge to develop. I think we could get him at the bottom of the round. I like him over Ochi here. I would not mind adding a 5th and grabbing Thuney OL and Ngakoue both in this round. 

7th Akil Blount ILB small school kid. I like his potential. He's dad was a great player. He could be gone. In which case Grigs can add his obligatory OT Debron or the kid from Delware seem good options. 

I know I went heavy on the D. I think thats what we should do. We don't have a good option to play opposite Vontae. The cost to get one is crazy. We only have 3 OLB's on the roster. All 3 are over 30. For the life of me I don't know why we are intersted in Upshaw an OLB who can't get to the QB?? We can't pass up a rare talent at NT not in a 3-4. A game changer at the point of attack. That's what we need. 

I like the S's we brought in the end of last year. They both have size and can fly. I really want to see what Southward can do. He is a freak 6'1 212lbs ran a 4.35 40. His combine numbers popped. He was the 86th player taken in 2014. ATL thought he was a CB. We will put him back at his natural position S. Aikem Davis 6' 202 4.37 40 was brought in at the end of the year too. 

I'm intersted to see a healthy Sio and Irving too. I like Slyvestre too he is probably the most atheltic. I'm not sure ILB is as big a hole as some see. We can probably get the kid from FSU as UDFA. Terrance Smith

The only way to immediatley upgrade the OL is FA IMO. I just don't see a rookie taking Thornton's job. I am not big on starting a rookie C. We may not have a choice. We can't go Holmes my sister is tougher than him. Hes probably waived injured in the preseason. He's made week 1 just once. Interestingly Harrison is listed as the starter on every depth chart I've seen. Anyone think we should have kept Shipley around? 

I would rather we sign a vet at C. Then let our rookie ease into the spot. A NFL quality C would take the pressure off our G''s. It would do wonders to have a pro at C. A leader the young guys could learn from. Heenan Harrison and O'Brien are all 25 I belief.  Thornton and Mewhort are 24. That's a lot of youth on  the interior of the OL. The consitent role model to this point has been Lance Louis. Enough said. 

I would grab Booker Missouri St G/C as an UDFA. He would and still may be drafted if not for the injury bug last season He's started since his freshman year many think he can be special. I am interested to see Heenan play too. We have so many young guys maybe the answer is adding a vet or 2 who can actually play. I am guessing Andrew doesn't like the idea of 2 rookies in the middle. 

Very nice job.     Very good draft.     I'd take it,  but it doesn't much address the desperate need for pass rush.   Jenkins alone isn't enough.      But we're not going to solve all our problems in one draft.    This is good.

As for Wisnewski,   my hunch is either he wants too much,  or he's too injured,  or he's not as good as people here think,  or (most likely)  a combination of all of those things.....