Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Casey Hayward

5 minutes ago, krunk said:

I think we'll be alright.  The starter will most likely come from the draft I think which is cool because it won't be long before Vontae will be getting old so we need as many young bucks as we can get to make up for that as well. Kansas City had to wait all the way till the draft to fill their #2 cornerback position, so it happens sometimes.  If we can get our hands on Mackenzie Alexander, Will Jackson or one of those other top corners I think we'll look pretty good in the secondary.  Vontae Davis, Will Jackson/Mackenzie Alexander, Darius Butler,Djoun Smith, Tevin Mitchel. Main thing I'm looking for us to do in the draft is get that front 7 beefed up and that will help out a lot. 

BTW, thanks for making me feel a bit better about the Colts situation. Just have to be patient and wait for the draft.

6 hours ago, COLTS449 said:

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA. Whatever dude. If you're content with having a borderline playoff team, who cant beat the elite teams, and have no offensive line and no pass rush then that's fine. But I want to be a top tier team THIS year.

It's not a point of being content. The point is your non stop whine fest of Grigson. You have said your feelings so many times most are tired of the same old record. Because some don't complain (whine) as much as you do you get this attitude they don't care as much as you. People try to explain themselves to you but it always the same. You don't have the patent on being a Colt fan. Your attitude of I want it now or I am mad as hades act is wearing thin.

8 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Billings would help a lot. The more I hear about him, the more I want him on the Colts. If Alexander or Jackson fell to the 2nd, that would be incredible, though it's a longshot. I wish we would trade down, but I also want a top talent as well. Just depends on the offers we get and the board texture on our pick. Anything at this point is somewhat of an upgrade, so we can pretty much go BPA and improve, which is a good thing at 18. If we are lucky, we may get someone Grigson has ranked in his top 12. 

I wouldn't mind Billings, but even if we miss out on him I think we could still get Austin Johnson.  Honestly I think he brings a little bit more versatility than Billings would. Plus he's pretty stout at the point of attack.  Different ways to skin a cat.

Unless we sign an OL in free agency I think you should be expecting using our first rd. pick on one.  Maybe the second as well.  Irsay wants Luck protected, and rightfully so. Last year's scare is enough for me.  Drafting this high we should get a couple of good defensive players in three and four. Now if we sign a OL player or two in FA that changes the picture.

I am afraid that we will be giving Luck so much money it will have a debilitating effect on our ability to sign players down the road. Although, I am a little surprised with what we gave Allen and Hilton. Both of those contracts are a little too rich in my opinion.