Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Vikings to sign OL alex boone

12isthenew18

1 hour ago, MTC said:

Vikings probably offered a ton of $ towards Boone. Oh well.

What is a "ton of $"?  I would be surprised if we gave him more than $5 or so per year. A 'ton of money" to me is Osemele money.

46 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

What is a "ton of $"?  I would be surprised if we gave him more than $5 or so per year. A 'ton of money" to me is Osemele money.

That's about what I think he gets 5M Max, maybe we sign Harris now. 

5 minutes ago, akcolt said:

That's about what I think he gets 5M Max, maybe we sign Harris now. 

I was hoping to retain Harris. PFF graded Harris better than Boone. But the offer we made to Harris was ridiculous.  He deserves more. I don't blame him for going elsewhere but I am still hoping we get him back. I am big on re-signing our own players.

Just now, jvan1973 said:

Unlikely he gets Iupati money

Considering Vikings offered a ton of money towards Osemele (too lazy to find the tweet), it's very possible. Ian Rappaport said Boone was the Viking's second choice. 

12 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I was hoping to retain Harris. PFF graded Harris better than Boone. But the offer we made to Harris was ridiculous.  He deserves more. I don't blame him for going elsewhere but I am still hoping we get him back. I am big on re-signing our own players.

I was hoping we would at least make him an offer sounds like NYG's are on him . The 3.5M for 2yrs I would think ended the Vikings chances then they pay Boone. I would have tried harder to keep Harris.  

I was  big on Allen initially but his injury history had me worried. Harris I thought would be a perfect fit here. He can play T too shouldn't command huge money Its beginning to look we are doing nothing in FA

33 minutes ago, akcolt said:

I was hoping we would at least make him an offer sounds like NYG's are on him . The 3.5M for 2yrs I would think ended the Vikings chances then they pay Boone. I would have tried harder to keep Harris.  

I was  big on Allen initially but his injury history had me worried. Harris I thought would be a perfect fit here. He can play T too shouldn't command huge money Its beginning to look we are doing nothing in FA

I read on Daily Norseman that we have re-signed Harris. He wanted to come back. I'm happy he is back. 

12 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I read on Daily Norseman that we have re-signed Harris. He wanted to come back. I'm happy he is back. 

If Bridgewater continues to develop and improve you guys are going to have some really good teams over the next 10 years. Things are looking up in Minnesota. It should be between you guys and Green Bay next year.

2 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

If Bridgewater continues to develop and improve you guys are going to have some really good teams over the next 10 years. Things are looking up in Minnesota. It should be between you guys and Green Bay next year.

Thank you.  We are feeling very optimistic about the future of our team. We have the new stadium opening this fall. (I don't live in MN but it is exciting for the fans anyway.)

We play you guys this year. I am not looking forward to facing Andrew. 

2 hours ago, NFLfan said:

That's a fair deal for Harris. He does it 2 yrs in a row if you don't pay him someone will. I'm disappointed he was someone that I thought could provide immediate help to our OL at a reasonable price. I was thinking 3 yr 6M or something in that neighborhood. Then get Wiz for 4/12M and our OL would be in pretty good shape without breaking the bank. 

I liked Jones at C too I'm interested to see his deal. 

37 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

4 years, $26.8 million ($10 million guaranteed). It is more than I expected.

However, we saved a lot on Mike Harris -- 1 year, $1.75MM. 

Rotoworld says Harris is at least 3M plus incentives. Just a 1,yr deal