Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Combine Final Day: DBs

4 hours ago, krunk said:

I wouldn't mind picking up WIlliam Jackson III

He looks Extremely fluid and has great length, and that make up speed.
 After watching all of the combine, i had been thinking at 18 Sheldon Rankins would be the Playmaker for our D.
 Jackson just might be our Marcus Trufant in this draft.
 I would love to trade back and get him, and get another pick. Just have to wait won`t we. :rant:

3 hours ago, BlueShoe said:

I would not mind drafting two secondary players in this draft; a corner and a safety. There is enough secondary talent in this draft so I could see it happening. 

This would be the right draft to get a speedy guy that can play the single deep, and come off the edge to blitz.

32 minutes ago, SDakColts said:

He ran 4.49 officially, was solid in the bench press and killed the broad jump. His hips seemed stiff while transitioning in the positional field drills, and he showed slightly above average ball skills. I thought he had a solid combine. I don't think he jumped up draft boards significantly, but he didn't hurt himself either. I believe he is a solid 4th rounder, but he may sneak into the bottom on the 3rd.

Good to hear he didn't shoot himself in the foot. 3rd day sounds about right. Like his upside, but may end up mostly being a S/T impact player (which is fine to for a 4th rounder) IMO.

4 hours ago, SDakColts said:

I definitely suggest watching tape on Houston-Carson he is a baller. He has decent ball skills, but he is a very willing run defender. He would be a viable option in the 4th IMO.

Watched the Richmond and Villanova tape. Reminds me of Mike Adams, and I'm not just saying that because I'd like him on the Colts. He is a really good single high guy who doesn't have stopping power when he tackles. But he's a really smart football player and I heard great things about his character all day. Needs a red-shirt year to sit and learn better technique though.

46 minutes ago, RealityIsLuck said:

One of my favorite prospects. I'd love him if he's there in the 2nd. That was an excellent time for him.

If we can't get the type of pass rushers we need out this draft we might as well stack up on DB and DL!

The most dynamic players in this draft appear to be at both positions.  I'd definitely grab a pass rusher, but I'd make sure I grab a double helping of DB and DL or maybe ILB.

1 hour ago, krunk said:

If we can't get the type of pass rushers we need out this draft we might as well stack up on DB and DL!

The most dynamic players in this draft appear to be at both positions.  I'd definitely grab a pass rusher, but I'd make sure I grab a double helping of DB and DL or maybe ILB.

Exactly what I was thinking. If we're not happy with any pass rushers available at 18, we could just pick up a DL (Reed/Billings) and grab Jackson in the second.

A draft looking something like

1: Billings

2: Jackson

3: Pass Rush/OL 

With the assumption of a pass rusher added in FA that would be a good looking off-season. 

3 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

Watched the Richmond and Villanova tape. Reminds me of Mike Adams, and I'm not just saying that because I'd like him on the Colts. He is a really good single high guy who doesn't have stopping power when he tackles. But he's a really smart football player and I heard great things about his character all day. Needs a red-shirt year to sit and learn better technique though.

Now that is weird. I thought of Mike Adams as well when I watched him. I guess great minds think alike.

7 minutes ago, RealityIsLuck said:

Exactly what I was thinking. If we're not happy with any pass rushers available at 18, we could just pick up a DL (Reed/Billings) and grab Jackson in the second.

A draft looking something like

1: Billings

2: Jackson

3: Pass Rush/OL 

With the assumption of a pass rusher added in FA that would be a good looking off-season. 

A beast D line can do wonders for a pass rush any way! Solidify the secondary and we'll be on our way.  We may not get that ideal pass rusher this year.  Hopefully we do, but if not we can focus on the secondary and the DL and we'll be much better than last year.  Heck I felt if Luck would have continued to play we could have made a push last year with what we had.  The bigger thing we need this year to be honest is for the offense to score some dag gum points!  That's the real thing that killed us.  IF we can get that this year along with a beefed up DL and secondary we will make some noise I promise.

3 hours ago, RealityIsLuck said:

One of my favorite prospects. I'd love him if he's there in the 2nd. That was an excellent time for him.

I'm wondering if He doesn't slip into the bottom of the first round. Washington would love a corner.  Maybe Carolina too.

But if not the top of the second is full of teams that might not get a CB round 1 and might grab him. Jacksonville if they don't get Ramsey or Hargreaves round 1.