Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Today's NFL has no patience for 'Next Belichick'

amfootball

3 hours ago, wizwor said:

I don't know about that.  Brady is very confident (he told Kraft, "I’m the best decision this organization has ever made"), but I'd wager he would concede that he, Kraft, and Belichick being in the same place at the same time elevated a very good career into a legendary one.  Brady is aware enough of the game and its players to understand that the best QB in the wrong situation isn't going to win a SB -- never mind four.

I have been following the Pats since the 60s.  The first Three Games to Glory still gives me goosebumps, but none of that happens if not for the Tuck Rule and a blue chip kicker.  

He would definitely share the credit but he worked very hard to be what he is. Like I was saying if he was cut and picked up by another team he might have not started his first game until 2003. I'm just using that year cause how many 3rd or 4th stringers start the very next year. 

On 1/2/2016 at 8:13 AM, csmopar said:

But back to the topic.  

Pagano is a decent coach, not sure he'll ever be the next great coach,  nor Kelly.  Question is, who is most likely to develop if given the chance

Jeff Fisher!!!

Give Mr. Constipation Committee another 20 years and he'll be great!! :P

4 hours ago, dw49 said:

From what should be two SB's to 8-8 losing 4 of last 5 is the beginning of going in the wrong direction. If not tell me what it is. 8-8 and collapsing the last 3rd of the season has to be the same or better than previous years if that's not the case.

So what is it ? I'm not saying he deserved to be fired on performance. Just saying what it is.

No you're not. You're saying a Superbowl, the 2013 "Superbowl", another season where they won a playoff game then an 8-8 season is going the wrong direction. By that logic, you would have fired Belichick after missing the playoffs and getting destroyed by Baltimore because by definition they were going in the wrong direction having went farther (the Superbowl) 2 years earlier. 

3 hours ago, BloodyChamp said:

No you're not. You're saying a Superbowl, the 2013 "Superbowl", another season where they won a playoff game then an 8-8 season is going the wrong direction. By that logic, you would have fired Belichick after missing the playoffs and getting destroyed by Baltimore because by definition they were going in the wrong direction having went farther (the Superbowl) 2 years earlier. 

Nope.. cause I never said I would have fired Harbaugh on performance. That team took a terrific nosedive and finishing 8-8 while losing 4 of last 5 was the start of it.