Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Hard to watch

oldunclemark

Oh god, the holding the ball way too long crap again. Proof that repeating something long enough people will think it's true.

Watch a game and you'll see he holds the ball a long time.  Does that mean the line in front of him has been great and they are now blameless?  No.  There are multiple problems going on there and one of them is Luck holds the ball too long. 

Watch a game and you'll see he holds the ball a long time.  Does that mean the line in front of him has been great and they are now blameless?  No.  There are multiple problems going on there and one of them is Luck holds the ball too long.

Ok. I will try watching a game one of these days. Thanks for the tip.

it was harder to see one of our best young steals of the draft go down, in 24 year-old 6' 6" 300 lb. Henry Anderson (3rd round pick).  Just brutal to see him get twisted up in that scrum of bodies on that running play by running back Anderson of the Broncos.  He got caught up and then bent back with huge bodies all around him.  There was no way to go but the wrong direction, jeopardizing his right leg right at the knee.  I'm glad there wasn't a close up replay of it because it would have been a facial cringe of a moment we wouldn't want to remember.  There would have been but CBS was promoting the SEC games of Georgia at Auburn and Alabama at Mississippi St., thus eradicating any possible replay of the injury. 

Slender legs, tight hips and boring feet. Feet will stall at contact when squared up against the run. Initial punch by an offensive lineman will jostle him. Lacks power to play inside. On the ground far too often. Must improve hand usage as pass rusher. Can be blocked by tight ends. Benefited from team-oriented defensive scheme. Doesn't gain much ground with initial steps as pass rusher. Relies on hustle sacks and lacks counter moves.

What do the scouts know.................

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Thread of the Week

• Topics

• I dont understand the Matt Gay hate.   Historically I believe 50 yard FGs are about a 65-67% kick.   Last year 5 of his 8 misses were from 50+.   He was 8-13 from 50+, which is about 62%. He was 25-28 on the rest of his kicks which is almost 90%. If he was battling injuries I think that would explain why he stuggled more with longer kicks.  
    • Yeah I didn't like the comment either
    • I agree. One of the fans who has criticized AR's game was MIA after the first game, but after this last game, he is very active and criticizing AR. Granted, AR did not have a good game this past Sunday, but every QB has good and bad games. Folks are being overly critical of him.   I don't attribute the first loss to AR; in fact, I think the Colts had a chance to win the Houston game because of AR's play. But those that don't like AR will not give him any credit. Flacco would not have won the Texans game. JMO.
    • Said it weeks back and was slammed, Matt Gay is toast, time to IR him and be done with the games
    • What a bunch of silly silly posters we have. He doesn't have to question himself. He has a host of employees that look at every possibility to improve the team and bring their ideas forward to be considered. Ballard at that point would still have others involved helping choose the best way forward. Bringing players in to work out often being a part of the process.   And yes the players and their agents get to look at what interest they have, who they would be coached by, potential playing time.   That said, I say trade Ballard, Gus and his coaching buddies for draft picks.
  • Members

• Goatface Killah

Goatface Killah 2,139

• krunk

krunk 8,727

• 1959Colts

1959Colts 3,900

• csmopar

csmopar 16,611

• Douzer

Douzer 638

• Flash7