Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

SNF - Broncos vs Packers

RockThatBlue

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't agree that a coach should change his offense for a 40 year old QB with one year max left in him.

I'm not saying Kubiak should change his offense.  I'm saying he should scrap it completely and let Peyton install his offense with the route combinations he knows and the timing he's used to.

This was not Kubes decision though. It was Elway's and he convinced Manning to come back after he hired Kubiak. Elway believed at the end of last year that Manning could no longer carry the team offensively with his Indy offense. He wanted that off-loaded this season like it was for him in the last 90's when he won his last two SBs. I think it is clear Manning just does not have enough left physically. He does not look confused or uncomfortable to me but unable to make the throws.

He looks uncomfortable to me.  I don't know why they wouldn't want Peyton to lead the offense, if he shows he can run his offense well.  You have/had a defense that was playing as one of the top units in the league.  If Peyton can run his offense like one of the top units in the league, you're a Super Bowl contender.  Right now, they look like a mess.  In my opinion, that's Kubiak's fault for trying to push a square peg into a round hole

I'm not saying Kubiak should change his offense. I'm saying he should scrap it completely and let Peyton install his offense with the route combinations he knows and the timing he's used to.

And I'm saying that's ridiculous. Peyton is done. You don't redesign anything for a guy that played a year too long.

And I'm saying that's ridiculous. Peyton is done. You don't redesign anything for a guy that played a year too long.

You're misinterpreting my words.  I'm not saying there should be any redesigns or anything.  I'm saying let Peyton run what has made him successful.  Let him do what he's done for 18 years.  Don't force a round peg into a square hole.  It's a very poor job of utilizing the talent they have.  If their offense can get back on track and thus allow their defense to be more aggressive and take more chances, I think they become a top AFC contender.  If they continue to try to force Peyton to run Kubiak's offense, or this middle ground offense they're currently running, they'll be going nowhere.