Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

JJ Watt NUMBER 1!

bap1331

Yeah, Eli, Plaxico, & Tyree played their part but Justin Tuck, JPP, & Michael Strahan kept NE's high octane offense from scoring. Also, if we are being honest, NFL referee Mike Carey not blowing that hail mary throw to Tyree dead basically won that SB. I thought Eli was going to get sacked.

Just to be clear, Carey made the right call. :thmup:

Yeah, I'm with ya. That giants d line was nasty.

Every DE in the league would be a better qb than any qb could be a DE. My point is watt is great, but can't really change the out comes of games very often. I would never pay any defensive player 20+ million a year

So a sack that kept a td from happening or pressure that caused a bad throw that ended a drive or the sack that put their opponent at 3rd and 20 or the double teams that allow someone else to cause problems or the stip sack that results in a td for Houston aren't game changing outcomes? If Houston had a better QB and solid offence JJ's play would be lethal

no merging i posted this first.

The #1 player is the team we face all the time!!! Wow. Wouldnt of thought Watt was #1 maybe top 10 but he deserves it..

Can we delete this topic and I repost it, or does that count as merging?

So a sack that kept a td from happening or pressure that caused a bad throw that ended a drive or the sack that put their opponent at 3rd and 20 or the double teams that allow someone else to cause problems or the stip sack that results in a td for Houston aren't game changing outcomes? If Houston had a better QB and solid offence JJ's play would be lethal

That would fall under the "not very often" category.

Other than Zach Mettenberger, I wonder which QB JJ loves to sack the most? Luck is too easy of a AFC South division answer to me. Aaron Rogers for taking away his MVP Award?  haha

Cam Newton would be tough to bring down give his strength & size along with Big Ben. Joe Flacco would be no cream puff tackle either. 

Watt is far and away the best non QB player in the league and is better than many of the QB's.  But he can't take his team to the playoffs.  He's not the league's best player.  Not even close.  If the "Best" player can't cause win's and avoid losses consistently then the logic crumbles.  No one would take Watt in a draft before the top QB's.  The top few QB's could take ANY current team in the league to the playoffs. Watt cannot.  Therefore he's not the best overall player.  Now, one scenario where I could agree he'd be number one is if you considered how much superior he is to all others who play his position and by measuring the gap between him and the next best at his position compared to the best QB and how much better they are than the next best, then you could make an argument in that way which would place him as the best.  But I am picking at least 4 QB's ahead of him otherwise.  

Yeah, Eli, Plaxico, & Tyree played their part but Justin Tuck, JPP, & Michael Strahan kept NE's high octane offense from scoring. Also, if we are being honest, NFL referee Mike Carey not blowing that hail mary throw to Tyree dead basically won that SB. I thought Eli was going to get sacked. 

Just to be clear, Carey made the right call. :thmup:  

Bruschi gave a talk at my school in 09 and during the Q and A session someone asked him why he couldn't tackle Eli on that play