Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Back To Play Dungy Defense?

Display name available

The Dungy defense is Tampa 2 (Caldwell uses it too), and although I have seen it a lot this year, I haven't seen it too much lately. Funny enough, look at our defense in the last couple of weeks. Our defense is better when we use it less.

I had the same question. It seems Polian is saying we made a swithc back to the Dungy Tampa 2 and that in this system Lacey is showing how good he really is. I don't get to see the games so I have no idea. And truthfully I probably wouldn't have noticed a big change in the defensive scheme just by watching the game on TV. Polian makes it sound like it really is a significant change.

Polian does anything and everything to glorify himself, and decisions that he makes that are beneficial! He is very contradictory in most of his statements.. Just a few weeks back he was saying how the Colts may change their defensive system away from using the Tampa 2 based on personnel.. now they are using the Tampa 2? Even his DT statements about how important it is to have interior pressure, and the significance of DT's, yet the position has never really been addresed!

Caldwell defense? Its makes sense to label the past defense Dungy defense because he actually created it. The most Caldwell does for the defense is hire a DC that gets canned 2 years later.

The newly promoted DC is more like Dungy, since he and Dungy worked together making defensive game plans(as LB coach). He just likes blitzing his LBers more than Meeks did. Playing CB just a few yards off the line and blitzing LBers at times doesn't seem aggressive to me, it seems conservative and normal. Meeks was just useing alot of prevent in his tampa2.

The Tampa 2 has killed us with the easy drop down passes for 4-7 yard pickups all year. The worst part of it all was the defensive coordinator wouldnt change things up. The defense became too one dimensional and predictable.

Nobody made proper in game adjustments to be fair. :lol: