Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

the colts have now been in indianapolis longer than in baltimore

CR91

You are correct. I`ve been surrounded by Redskins fans my entire life and now more than enough Ravens fans too. I've heard it all as far as remaining a Colts fan, but I`m 45 years old and too late to change now. I`m still mesmerized by the Horseshoe lol

The horse shoe is very cool. The only Redskin teams I kind of liked, were those old George Allen Over the Hill Gang teams. Other than that, I couldn't stand them, or the Senators growing up.

I was also surprised Irsay brought back the bucking Colt logo. Other than that one though, there is not much more nostalgia to rake up, as Colt uniforms haven't changed too much over the years. I guess he could go back to the original green uniforms, but that would be very Seahawkish.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I'm from Harford County and I guess we don't have the suave and manners of the Prince Frederick/ Waldorf crowd ! Lol Most of the folks down there are Redskins fans anyway, and most were never Colt, or current Ravens fans ?

Wow, funny how the internet shrinks the world.  I'm in Harford County as well.  Moved here from the Indy area, so it has been interesting at times. As a Colts fan in Ravens country, it really hasn't been as bad as some may portray.  Is there still anger? Yes, in some.  There's a sadness and a void in more.  I have many conversations about the Colts, and (in my expereince), people have moved on, or are in the process.  There's a strange rivalry almost.  Not the hatred of the Steelers or Pats, but more along the lines of someone dating the one that got away.  You'll always see that one in a negative light.  The Super Bowl wins and real division / conference rivals seem to be deflating the issue more than the Pats equipment managers.  Most of the negative attention I get is of the friendly nature.

Wow, funny how the internet shrinks the world. I'm in Harford County as well. Moved here from the Indy area, so it has been interesting at times. As a Colts fan in Ravens country, it really hasn't been as bad as some may portray. Is there still anger? Yes, in some. There's a sadness and a void in more. I have many conversations about the Colts, and (in my expereince), people have moved on, or are in the process. There's a strange rivalry almost. Not the hatred of the Steelers or Pats, but more along the lines of someone dating the one that got away. You'll always see that one in a negative light. The Super Bowl wins and real division / conference rivals seem to be deflating the issue more than the Pats equipment managers. Most of the negative attention I get is of the friendly nature.

You described the feelings from Ravens fans about the Colts very well. I would say the anger peaked at that playoff game in 2006, and after the SB win in 2012, really died down.

I think when you step beck, Baltimore and Indy have fared well, and I think that has help calm things down. If you step back and say, are you happy with what you have, you'd say sure. The sadness and void comes into play about the records, logos, and Hall of Famers being ripped away. That is the toughest thing to deal with more than the actual move. It's hard to not be able to celebrate your past officially in the NFL , and never hang the past Championship banners of the team you followed in your city. It's like 30 years of history that the NFL tells you never existed in your city. That is definitely the hardest and saddest part.