Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Happy Mothers Day/ColtsFans/ NFL Fans

ColtRider

Thought I'd start a kinder and gentler thread regarding Mothers Day as it relates to Colts Football. My mother has been gone since 1991. God rest her saintly soul. She is the one who inspired me to become a Colts Football Fan. The August 1966 preseason game against the Philadelphia Eagles at Tulane Staduim in New Orleans, Louisiana is the reason why I'm a life-long ColtsFan.

I really did not want to go that day. Even though I was already a fan, I wanted to go on a camping trip with my childhood buddies that weekend. My Grandfather had already acquired the tickets and she wanted me to attend. I kind of put up an argument about it even though I'd be able to see Johnny Unitas & Raymond Berry, my favorite two Colts players. (you know how kids think sometimes, want to be with your friends)

So, she asked me if we could flip a coin to decide for us both. I agreed. I lost the coin flip. Little did I know at the time (as per her wisdom) that attending the game would be a much longer lasting correct decision.

I later on in life found out that she possessed a two-headed coin and asked me if she could call the flip.

The rest is history.

Thank you, Mom! I love you, and miss you terribly.

Great thread

Happy Mother's Day Everyone

Happy Mother's Day everyone! If you are able to spend the day with your Mother, I urge you to do so. I'm spending the entire day over my Mom's house, and we are having a day of fun. We are also going to catch up on things. If you can't visit, give her a call (not a text, let her hear your voice) and wish her a happy Mother's day! You'll feel great about it, I promise you.

I really admire forum members who are so brave & truthful when they write CS. That takes guts & a considerable amount of courage my friend. My condolences on your mother's passing CS. Thank you for reminding us how important our mothers truly are & a coin flip is a good decision maker when we can't decide what to do within reason of course. 

You are a good man, a kind person, & the more I learn about you the more I respect you.  :hat:

I really admire forum members who are so brave & truthful when they write CS. That takes guts & a considerable amount of courage my friend. My condolences on your mother's passing CS. Thank you for reminding us how important our mothers truly are & a coin flip is a good decision maker when we can't decide what to do within reason of course. 

You are a good man, a kind person, & the more I learn about you the more I respect you.  :hat:

Thank you, SW1! As are you, my friend.

Happy Mother's Day everyone! If you are able to spend the day with your Mother, I urge you to do so. I'm spending the entire day over my Mom's house, and we are having a day of fun. We are also going to catch up on things. If you can't visit, give her a call (not a text, let her hear your voice) and wish her a happy Mother's day! You'll feel great about it, I promise you.

Good advice Jared. Let them know what their presence has meant in your life because once they are gone no one will ever give us that level of unconditional love & support ever again. I know personally because a recent car accident could have taken my mother from me not too long ago & that situation forced me to appreciate how lucky I am to still hug her, tell her I love her, & still see her everyday or at least speak to her. 

Mother's Day isn't about flowers, cards, or chocolates. It's about thanking the strong woman who help mold you into the person you are today or at least contributing a large portion of your personality anyway. 

This same philosophy or mindset applies to guardians or whatever loved ones raise a person as well because I realize that family structures are different today & all that really matters is that whoever looked after a child protected you, guided you, scolded you, & still cares about your wellbeing even if they no longer occupy human physical form as we know it. 

My Grandpa Vern still looks in on me from time to time too. As corny as it sounds, I sense his presence sometimes. We were really close & sometimes something happens that makes me smile & think of him even though he's been gone since 1988. 

Good advice Jared. Let them know what their presence has meant in your life because once they are gone no one will ever give us that level of unconditional love & support ever again. I know personally because a recent car accident could have taken my mother from me not too long ago & that situation forced me to appreciate how lucky I am to still hug her, tell her I love her, & still see her everyday or at least speak to her. 

Mother's Day isn't about flowers, cards, or chocolates. It's about thanking the strong woman who help mold you into the person you are today or at least contributing a large portion of your personality anyway.

Amen to that, brother! Amen to that.

Amen to that, brother! Amen to that.

Thanks CS. I just like reading different threads like this because it reminds me that even though I might be bummed out when my Colts lose that pales in comparison to good health & happiness of our families which takes top precedence or priority. 

I joke a lot that the forum is affordable therapy to me, but in reality, this place seems like a friendly sanctuary to me where all my friends reside that I have never met personally even though it feels like a 2nd home. 

Again, thanks for this necessary thread CS. We all need to take stock, reflect, & slowdown myself included.