Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Still Get A Kings Ransom For 2Nd Pick?

BProland85

All of this is just so hard to predict without knowing the true status of Manning come March 8th. If Manning is good to go then we have the flexibility to get out of the 1st or 2nd pick in the draft and really look to reload some skill positions on this team.

If Manning is looking doubtful then the Polians absolutely HAVE to be looking for his replacement this draft. If we end up winning this Sunday and find out in March that Manning is not healing well or could have doubts then I think the best move is to draft RG-III. His upside is tremendous and the guy genuinely seems both smart and humble. He is seriously contemplating going back to school next year to complete his masters degree and in interviews you can tell that this kid is smart...unlike Russell and Vince Young who also wore the description as "physical QB's". This kid also has shown great accuracy when passing the ball and looks to be the pocket passer before he uses his legs.

In the scenario where Manning is looking good then you trade down and ensure that you have high pick in the 2013 draft to select a QB in the teen's of the 1st round that can be groomed like Rogers was. In this scenario you have the ability to setup options in the future.

You could also trade up in 2013 if you then desire Barkley, RGIII (if he doesn't come out this year), or whoever next year's hot QB is.

that should be 2760.

that would be a very good trade for the colts. #72 instead of #40 would be more fair though.

Whoops, I added that up in my head in a hurry. Those are in close proximity to what the Cleveland Browns 3 1st round picks will be, but I should have used the #8 pick or the #39 pick instead now that I think about it.

according to that chart it's really not that good considering a one and four next year is the value of a two and five this year.

If your talking about the Falcon's Julio Jones trade, I don't know because I didn't add it up. I'd rather trade back this year and keep all of our pick in 2012 instead of getting future picks. That just makes it annoying and it takes away from your current draft.

If your talking about the Falcon's Julio Jones trade, I don't know because I didn't add it up. I'd rather trade back this year and keep all of our pick in 2012 instead of getting future picks. That just makes it annoying and it takes away from your current draft.

i was talking about jones.

if you are getting a lot of picks, i would spread them out over two years and gain the round.

Does any one know what a kings ransome is?? Its where youll give anything to get your king back, and the way I see it, Luck is the only way to get that type of ransome as it was put. Now I might sound like I want that, but dont be miss guided by my words. Im a COLTS FAN, there is nothing more id like to see than another W this year. But wether we win or lose, wether we get the number 1, number 2, or even 3, ill still remain as faithful as i am now.

never happen!

You say never and I say it is possible. With an awesome workout at the combine (if he attends) and then his own individual workouts, some QB starved team will fall in love with the player and buy into the hype. This will turn into more picks for the trade. Anything in this win it all now NFL is possible.