Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Another attempt at this, fairley new to mocks, and this probably won't be very realistic but whatever :P

Colts Mock

First round: 29th overall selection: Trade down with Raiders for a 2nd, 3rd, and a 6th

Second Round: 35th overall selection: (from Oakland): Carl Davis DT Iowa

Second round: 61st overall selection: Stephone Anthony ILB Clemson

Third Round: 68th overall selection: (from Oakland): Derron Smith FS Fresno State

Third Round: 69th overall selection: (from Washington): Jaquiski Tartt SS Samford

(Trade our 2nd round of 2016, 6th rounds from Seattle and Oakland 2015, and our 7th round dallas pick 2015)

Third round: 93rd overall selection: Tevin Coleman RB Indiana

Fourth round: 128th overall selection: Ifo Ekpre-Olomu CB Oregon/Byron Jones CB UConn(Whoever is available)

Fifth round: 165th overall selection: Andy Gallik C Boston College

Sixth round: 204th overall selection: Adam Shead OG Oklahoma

Seventh round: 244th overall selection (from Dallas): Jamon Brown OT Louisville

Seventh round: 255th overall selection (compensatory pick): Shaquille Riddick DE West Virginia

Another attempt at this, fairley new to mocks, and this probably won't be very realistic but whatever :P

Colts Mock

First round: 29th overall selection: Trade down with Raiders for a 2nd, 3rd, and a 6th

Second Round: 35th overall selection: (from Oakland): Carl Davis DT Iowa

Second round: 61st overall selection: Stephone Anthony ILB Clemson

Third Round: 68th overall selection: (from Oakland): Derron Smith FS Fresno State

Third Round: 69th overall selection: (from Washington): Jaquiski Tartt SS Samford
(Trade our 2nd round of 2016, 6th rounds from Seattle and Oakland 2015, and our 7th round compensatory pick 2015)

Third round: 93rd overall selection: Tevin Coleman RB Indiana

Fourth round: 128th overall selection: Ifo Ekpre-Olomu CB Oregon/Byron Jones CB UConn(Whoever is available)

Fifth round: 165th overall selection: Andy Gallik C Boston College

Sixth round: 204th overall selection: Adam Shead OG Oklahoma

Seventh round: 244th overall selection (from Dallas): Jamon Brown OT Louisville

Well...   with 17 posts under your belt, a belated welcome to the website.....

Your mock has all the right names,  but it is likely not realistic that we'd get them in your scenarios....

First, trading down from 29 to 35 won't get you an additional 3 and 6.     Odds are, all it will get you is a 4.

So,  that changes your drafting and your trading,  though I do like your thinking on the two safeties with back to back picks in the late 60's,  it just won't happen.

Coleman at 93 is not likely....   I think likely gone before that.    I think the only way he'd last that long is if his injured foot has not healed in the next month.

And the two corners you list in the 4th round will likely be long gone.   The Oregon CB should go much earlier in the 4th, if not the 3rd....    and Jones, from Connecticut should go in R2,  no later than R3.

Your 5, 6 and 7 on the o-line is nice saturation bombing of the overall position, but I don't see us spending 3 draft picks on the o-line.     As it is, on the front of the website today,  is a story about how many solid bodies we currently have on the o-line.

All in all, a nice job, but your mocks will get better as you get a better feel for it...         :thmup:

Well...   with 17 posts under your belt, a belated welcome to the website.....

Your mock has all the right names,  but it is likely not realistic that we'd get them in your scenarios....

First, trading down from 29 to 35 won't get you an additional 3 and 6.     Odds are, all it will get you is a 4.

So,  that changes your drafting and your trading,  though I do like your thinking on the two safeties with back to back picks in the late 60's,  it just won't happen.

Coleman at 93 is not likely....   I think likely gone before that.    I think the only way he'd last that long is if his injured foot has not healed in the next month.

And the two corners you list in the 4th round will likely be long gone.   The Oregon CB should go much earlier in the 4th, if not the 3rd....    and Jones, from Connecticut should go in R2,  no later than R3.

Your 5, 6 and 7 on the o-line is nice saturation bombing of the overall position, but I don't see us spending 3 draft picks on the o-line.     As it is, on the front of the website today,  is a story about how many solid bodies we currently have on the o-line.

All in all, a nice job, but your mocks will get better as you get a better feel for it...         :thmup:

Thanks for the welcome and advice! :) And I do agree about mocks getting better as I go

No way Stephone Anthony is there at 61. He's going first round IMO. But lots see him as the #2 ILB now after Kendricks, and a high 2nd. Don't see Coleman there at 93 either. I see him as the 3rd RB off the board in the mid-late 2nd, but theres almost no way he's there at 93. Also don't see either of those CB's there in the 4th round. Byron Jones will be high 2nd, Ekpre-Olomu will be 2-3 I would imagine, but its a large strech to have him there at the bottom of the 4th. Also in the late rounds Jamon Brown and Andy Galik are probably a round too late.

Not bad mock, just too many streches for me too really get into it.