Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Now What

LUVTHESHOE

Okay now that we have beaten the mediocre Titans and will probably beat the hapless Jags. How many people think that alone will be enough to save Caldwells job. I am not going to beat my fire Jim Caldwell horse, but you can't tell me that Larry Coyer is going to be the only coaching causality from this mess. I am happy for the players, but there are still a few areas that really need to be addressed. I realize that everybody like a yes man so I am fearful that Caldwell will stay,so when the smoke clears and the euphoria is over from this win,what now?Congrats Dan O.

I think with the Sunday win, the strong performance in NE and signs that this team has not packed it in is what it will take for Polian and Irsay to have Caldwell stay on staff. If you ask Tony D, he will be back. At this point I see no reason to make a change, allow Caldwell his 4th season on his contract, hope you get Manning back healthy and see what happens. I think many have overreacted a bit this season.

I think with the Sunday win, the strong performance in NE and signs that this team has not packed it in is what it will take for Polian and Irsay to have Caldwell stay on staff. If you ask Tony D, he will be back. At this point I see no reason to make a change, allow Caldwell his 4th season on his contract, hope you get Manning back healthy and see what happens. I think many have overreacted a bit this season.

LOL, UNREAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats funny coming from you! The Vice President of the Luck Fan Club... Only SuperTodd is ahead of you in that fan Club.

I cannot wait until we know whether or not Caldwell is staying or leaving, and I cannot wait until we know who Indy drafts, and Manning's status for next year. So tired of having the same three conversations all the time... I know there isn't much positive to discuss right now, but I think we have considered all of the possibilities with these three topics about a million times over. I have no other suggestions on what to talk about, I'm just sayin...

I cannot wait until we know whether or not Caldwell is staying or leaving, and I cannot wait until we know who Indy drafts, and Manning's status for next year. So tired of having the same three conversations all the time... I know there isn't much positive to discuss right now, but I think we have considered all of the possibilities with these three topics about a million times over. I have no other suggestions on what to talk about, I'm just sayin...

I would agree. However, there is always the changes that are happening in our division to discuss, their likely FA losses, and any possible coaching changes in our division......because whether it's our great QB returning, or we are fielding a rookie, it's still all about the division first. Is our pass to set up the run going to change? Is our cushion defense going to change? Are we going to see a 21 personnel package more? Just a few.............

I'd rather Polian be gone then Caldwell. I think Caldwell is just a cheerleader......minus of course the cheering. He watches the game with the mild curiosity of the average, bimbo girlfriend. His presence on the sideline holds the same merit of a 10 year old paraplegic whose wish is being granted by charity. He does nothing to help or hinder the team, so while I wouldn't mind him gone, I also wouldn't mind him staying.

Polian on the other hand needs to go. He obviously is not the powerhouse building GM his legacy will leave him as. This team lived and died on the arm of one person. A good GM is not supposed to make a living off one easy draft pick. But that's not it for me. He sticks his nose in everything. He has forced the defensive scheme all year up until this last game that has been recordbreakingly bad. He cut a quality cornerback in Tryon for seemingly no reason. His radio show has become a comedy show. I swear he goes into every interview thinking, 'Gee, what can I say today to really anger the fanbase?' And........I still hold week 16 against him. He lost any respect I had for him that day. I know, the goal is to win the Super Bowl. Well............how did that work out for ya?

I think if you look up the definition of fan in the dictionary, "over reaction" is one of the definitions. Seriously, though, most fans have to blame something, so they point their finger at the nearest and most obvious reason. It is never a popular opinion to say that it could be a combination of things. Say for instance.....Mudd retires, Moore moves on, Polian gambles on a thin QB roster, Clark gets a serious injury, Collie can't get healthy, injuries obliterate the online, injuries obliterate the secondary, and oh ya....Peyton is gone for the season. Could it be that Caldwell is to blame for 1- whatever? Or did the combination of the preceding list just create the perfect storm of failure?

Mea.......much easier to just point the finger at something. That is nice and simple...cut and dried. ;)

For the record...Caldwell did coach the 16-3 team

He also coached the 1-13 team...

For me, it's not about the team's record this year. It's about the way we got there. We've done some absolutely silly things this year, specifically on defense, that have contributed to this record. If we had done something that simply didn't work, and then made another adjustment to something that worked better, I'd be okay with that. It would tell me that the coaches are engaged and that they're trying to put their players in the best position to succeed, given their strengths and weaknesses. But we've done the exact same thing over and over again, and it's led to the same results over and over again. That's what bothers me.