Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Let's play a game to see who is closet to correct!

if we made an offer and he signed else where i can see that as a whiff.  its just a technicality about how you want to look at things

My thing is, the player chooses where he wants to go. I don't think teams get the chance to really pitch a lot of guys and try to sell them on picking them. In this case, it seems like Dockett wanted to be a Cardinal or a Niner, so I doubt we even got a foot in the door.

Besides that, he's a 34 year old DL coming off a serious injury. I doubt we were even interested.

I have seen a few interesting names from u guys. Danorris Searcy,Harry Douglas those 2 are possible. Gore I doubt would be any good behind our line unless it plays better by 100 percent. Suh would be not logical just from financial stand point cuz i can't see us have suh,luck,hilton equal like 50 mil per year after next season and only have 90 million left for 57 other players. Branch would b risky but cheap,can't stay healthy last 2 years

Most of these name are simply A-List guys that most people know and every fan board in the NFL has the same players listed.  If FA was this easy we'd all be GM's.  I think the real finds are truly talented guys completely under the radar that fill a need.  I have no idea who those guys are but I'm looking forwarding to finding out when we sign them.  Herremans from the Eagles is a good example of someone nobody was talking about three days ago.  My guess is we'll get one splash guy.  I don't expect the Colts to land 5 pro-bowlers / Hall of Famers in free agency this year.  If they do then I would be more than enthusiastic.