Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Combine week Free agency & Draft

In free agency...

-Colts sign more help at DL by bringing in NT Dan Williams. (I would go with Haloti Ngata here but I'm not positive the Ravens will let him go just yet)

-Indy signs OG Clint Boling (We finally get a quality starter at RG)

-Indy signs OLB Tamba Hali (Much better SSLB than Walden, will allow us to cut him and have Hali show Werner how to be a pro and progress as a pass rusher)

Draft...

1- SS Shaq Thompson (Gives the Colts a physical and versatile defender who can play SS full time but can also play LB on occasion covering TEs)

2- WR Devin Smith (Grigson loves his big ten players, especially from Ohio State. Gives the Colts a great talent at WR to help replace Reggie. Duron Carter is still an unknown so we need another WR)

3- RB Jay Ajayi (Gives the Colts a dependable RB who can share carries with Boom Herron)

4- DE Henry Anderson (Underrated player who could help provide better pass rush from the DL)

5- Stephone Anthony (Underrated ILB who needs some work in man coverage, but is a physical and fast LB who could learn for a year and then start in 2016)

6- OT Sean Hickey (Depth at RT, and is a steal this late)

6- CB Adrian Amos (Depth at FS)

7- DE Corey Crawford (Depth on the DL)

Shaq Thompson will not be around at our pick. I really would like us to focus on the trenches, ILB(Dawson or Kendricks) or safety in the first two rounds. I am starting to wonder though if Grigson is going to take one of the top two RB's, Gordon or Gurley, if they are there in the first?

As far as free agency, I love it! Hali still has a lot left, and would love to play for a playoff team, and won't cost as much as Pernell McPhee. Also, since Redding and Reggie may retire, a veteran presence would be great. Also, agree on the Werner, because if he does not show anything this year, he will probably be gone. I don't know if he will let go of Walden, but they would be about the same price, and I would much rather have Hali.

Love Clint Boling, plus he is young, and someone we can count on for the next 5-6 years. I think Grigson will look at him and try to get him. He would be perfect.

Don't know a lot about Williams, but everyone seems to think he would be a good fit. Overall, we get a couple really good FA's who we can slot in to start right away, and we don't break the bank, and have $$$ left to sign the 2012 class plus RFA's. Nice job!