Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Defjamz Mock 1.0

The one light at the end of the tunnel following our embarrassing loss in the AFC Championship game is the off-season. Free Agency and the draft can be really exciting times. I'll put up two mocks that I created  using Fanspeak as a guide to get an idea of who will go where. This will probably be my only Mocks before the combine, and I'm not doing FA and trades because that can he hard to predict.

Mock 1

1. Eric Kendricks, ILB UCLA

2. Jordan Phillips, NT Oklahoma

3. David Cobb, RB Minnesota

4. Cam Thomas, CB Western Kentucky

5. Henry Anderson, DE Stanford

6. Adrian Amos, S Penn State

6. Levi Norwood, WR Baylor

7. Jamon Brown, OT Louisville

With this draft we upgrade the LB core with Kendricks, and he and A.Jax can be the LB's of the future. Kendricks, from what I'm reading, is probably the best coverage LB in the draft. Phillips is a riser up draft boards who will be better than Champan. You pair Cobb with Herron and you have a nice 1-2 punch at RB. Thomas gives you CB depth and is a guy the staff probably knows from studying Andrew Jackson last year. Anderson is a sleeper, who has a terrific body at 6'6" and 295, but is also athletic. Future DE. Amos is also a sleeper at FS. He has a really good write up on NFL.com and if you watch tape, the guy is very underrated. Better in coverage than in the box, but he can tackle. Norwood is depth, and Jamon Brown can compete for a future starting RT spot.

Mock 2

1. Arik Armstead, DE/DT Oregon

2. Anthony Harris, S Virginia

3. Taiwan Jones, ILB Michigan State

4. Tre McBride, WR William and Mary

5. Byron Jones, CB Connecticut

6. James Castleman, DT Oklahoma State

6. Henry Anderson, DE Stanford

7. Jonathan Feliciano, OG/OT Miami

People say Armstead is a project, which is true but he can come in an immediately contribute. Current size says he's a 3-4 DE, and he'd be a run stuffer and pass rusher. I've liked Harris since the beginning of the season and still do. Versatile safety who fits what we do. Jones is being called a "throwback" linebacker after he impressed at the EW Shrine Games, good size at 6'3" and is a missile in the middle of the field. McBride also made a name for himself at the Shrine game; developmental guy though. Jones has the size that we like in CB's and can be groomed behind Toler. Castleman is depth, and Feliciano is an interesting guy who had success at guard and tackle, definitely a value pick. 

Let me know what you think.

More likely scenario is Phillips in the 1st and Kendrick's in the 2nd

I did consider Phillips in the 1st because some analysts have him going as high. I don't think Kendricks would last to our pick at the bottom of the 2nd. His stock will probably rise a bit after the combine unless he bombs it. The LB class isn't deep. There's McKinney, Perryman, and Kendricks, meaning the those guys will go quick.

There is a spot or two that can be used on players with up to two accrued seasons on the PS that I believe was just created this season. That said, Ballard would not make it there. He would easily be picked up by BA in Arizona.

Ah, Okay. I wasn't sure. It would be nice if we could stash him there for a while though.

Ah, Okay. I wasn't sure. It would be nice if we could stash him there for a while though.

He'd probably never be who he was though. That's why I think it's more likely he gets cut and then we just draft a guy as well as bring in one from FA. Ballard was a 5th round pick by Grigson. I think he can find another Ballard in the draft.