Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I think we should get CJ Spiller this offseason

Perfect fit for our offense. Blazing speed, Can juke the bones out of your legs, and can catch the ball. We don't need big fat running backs who don't know how to make guys miss. Some how our O line has looked really good even during this horrible loss. If we get a right guard and right tackle this O line can make strides. Spiller + Oline = running game = Luck not having to carry us week and week out.

why wouldn't spiller come at a cheap price? 

Name recognition and he has put up numbers was a pro bowler in 2012 all that stuff comes to the table when deciding on a price in the FA market. It will be interesting to see what he is looking for.

Helu has kind of just been sitting and waiting. He has shown flashes when given the opportunity.  I think Helu is a better receiver and blocker. He almost has the same speed. I think Helu is probably more durable too definitely more tread on his tires. It seems like Spiller is nicked up a lot.  I think Helu is a better fit just my opinion.

I would be happy with either one don't get me wrong. I just wouldn't spend a lot on a RB.

I wouldn't spend a whole lot on a free agent running back until we have a line that can make holes where they are designed to go. Otherwise, the investment goes to waste. I would take a road grading OG this year and hope for a later round RB who can catch out of the backfield would suffice.

Name recognition and he has put up numbers was a pro bowler in 2012 all that stuff comes to the table when deciding on a price in the FA market. It will be interesting to see what he is looking for.

Helu has kind of just been sitting and waiting. He has shown flashes when given the opportunity.  I think Helu is a better receiver and blocker. He almost has the same speed. I think Helu is probably more durable too definitely more tread on his tires. It seems like Spiller is nicked up a lot.  I think Helu is a better fit just my opinion.

I would be happy with either one don't get me wrong. I just wouldn't spend a lot on a RB.

I agree with you injury argument but almost same speed? please, Just go watch some of this guys highlights. It looks like he's sprinting on one of those flat elevator things in airports.

Perfect fit for our offense. Blazing speed, Can juke the bones out of your legs, and can catch the ball. We don't need big fat running backs who don't know how to make guys miss. Some how our O line has looked really good even during this horrible loss. If we get a right guard and right tackle this O line can make strides. Spiller + Oline = running game = Luck not having to carry us week and week out.

Spending that kind of money on a RB before we have fixed our OL is a waste.

get frank gore draft dline and o line and add another back late

Frank Gore is yesterday's news. History tells us that the life expectancy (or is it hit expectancy?) of a running back is short. Paying top dollar for a RB well past his prime is cap space suicide.

Getting a run blocking guard will help far more than a beat up, "glory days" RB.