Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Total Crush Part 2

JColts72

Now after the lockout, those 20 point loses don't seem too bad after tonight. This is Manning Colts all over again vs the Pats with soft D, WR's getting shut down, questionable play calling; new one though was Visor face Cribbs non-catch.

Fire Manusky  , manning score alot points too keep colts winning. 

I will be curious what the excuse is going to be this time.  The Bills and Ravens gave a heck of a lot better game to the Patriots than the Colts in the last four games.  I just do not understand why this team has such a difficult time.  I agree, Luck has won more playoff games in his first three years then Manning ever did in his first four. 

You have got to get an offensive line, especially a center.  You also need a wide receiver or two who can get separation down the field.  Look at what Seattle did today.  Their no name wide receivers made space, and guess what, won the game.  You need better linebackers and safeties as well.  You also need better running backs. 

There should have been no talk about Luck's contract before this game.  Russell Wilson played horribly the first 3 1/2 quarters, but shook it off to lead his team.  Luck needs to be more of a leader on the field.  I believe Luck will ultimately be a great quarterback, but he needs to develop his game more.  Thankfully Luck does not play the Patriots twice in the regular season.  Imagine how mane interceptions he would have then.

This ultimately falls on the coaching.  I just get this feeling every time the Colts have a couple of good games all this praise comes (media, coaches, etc.) and then you have the Pittsburgh, Dallas, and Patriot type games where the Colts get blown out. I have an idea everyone needs to give this team praise when they accomplish something.  Like winning the division, best record in the AFC, home field in the playoffs, win the AFC, and then the Super Bowl. 

If history is any indication the Colts should be in the Super Bowl next year.  Just look at the last two years.  The Colts have made a new step each year in the playoffs.  Too bad Russell Wilson will have two Super Bowl rings or Brady four. 

Russell Wilson played horribly the first 3 1/2 quarters, but shook it off to lead his team. 

Andrew Luck didn't play horribly, so it's kind of irrelevant.

And luckily for Russell Wilson, he has a defense that was able to keep the game within two scores and force some turnovers. His terrible play would have buried his team if not for the defense hanging tough. 

Andrew Luck didn't play horribly, so it's kind of irrelevant.

And luckily for Russell Wilson, he has a defense that was able to keep the game within two scores and force some turnovers. His terrible play would have buried his team if not for the defense hanging tough. 

When Luck actually plays good against the Patriots then talk to me.  Yeah, the defense at Seattle is great, but who is in the Super Bowl with two touchdowns in the end.  Luck had no TDs and two picks.  Luck needs to grow more and become more of a leader.  Show some emotion.

When Luck actually plays good against the Patriots then talk to me.  Yeah, the defense at Seattle is great, but who is in the Super Bowl with two touchdowns in the end.  Luck had no TDs and two picks.  Luck needs to grow more and become more of a leader.  Show some emotion.

Emotion doesn't win games.

Wilson was terrible today. And I'm a Wilson fan. But he was awful. I don't care how loud you can clap your hands on the sidelines when you throw three awful interceptions. It's amazing to me that someone can pump up Wilson and criticize Luck after their respective performances today.

Luck's two picks were so telegraphed. May as well thrown to the Pats as we did not have any receivers to throw to the whole game. I don't get it when Revis was out for some plays, why not throw it to test another defender. Did Chuck Caldwell not realize this. Say this as he went for the long FG in the wind/rain like Caldwell did to have Adam boot one from 50 plus in the Dome and miss. That New Adam miss looked like Mike V. against the Steelers years ago.

Emotion doesn't win games.

Wilson was terrible today. And I'm a Wilson fan. But he was awful. I don't care how loud you can clap your hands on the sidelines when you throw three awful interceptions. It's amazing to me that someone can pump up Wilson and criticize Luck after their respective performances today.

I hate Wilson, but who won the game for their team and who is going to the Super Bowl now two years in a row.  Wilson fixed at the end what needed to be fixed and won the game.  Luck needs to fix it and win the game.

I hate Wilson, but who won the game for their team and who is going to the Super Bowl now two years in a row.  Wilson fixed at the end what needed to be fixed and won the game.  Luck needs to fix it and win the game.

That's a dumb statement. Sorry, but it is.

The Seahawks defense got stop after stop after stop, despite the offense turning the ball over. Our defense gave up TD after TD after TD. The situations simply aren't comparable. 

That's a dumb statement. Sorry, but it is.

The Seahawks defense got stop after stop after stop, despite the offense turning the ball over. Our defense gave up TD after TD after TD. The situations simply aren't comparable. 

No.  Luck still has a lot of things to fix going into next season.  Yes Seattle's defense is good, really good, but sometimes the offense needs to come to life and go score for score.  Give some fight.

No.  Luck still has a lot of things to fix going into next season.  Yes Seattle's defense is good, really good, but sometimes the offense needs to come to life and go score for score.  Give some fight.

Meh. I actually wouldn't have responded to your post if you had simply said you were disappointed in the offense. Bringing up Russell Wilson is what I disagree with. He got carried for 54 minutes, despite his mistakes, which really were the reason they were down 16-0. I don't want to hear about how great of a leader he is when he's standing on the shoulders of a defensive giant, and that giant keeps picking him up off the mat over and over again. 

Meh. I actually wouldn't have responded to your post if you had simply said you were disappointed in the offense. Bringing up Russell Wilson is what I disagree with. He got carried for 54 minutes, despite his mistakes, which really were the reason they were down 16-0. I don't want to hear about how great of a leader he is when he's standing on the shoulders of a defensive giant, and that giant keeps picking him up off the mat over and over again. 

Might not matter though.  Being a quarterback and possibly winning back to back Super Bowls even with that defense still makes him a great quarterback.  We will find out how good Seattle is in about one year when that $25 million a year contract sets in.

Just ridiculous.  The Seahawks punter throws a touchdown pass.  Seahawks recover an onside kick or the game is over.   Clinton-Dix drops a 5th interception or the game is over.    Lynch rushes for 157 yards caring the team down the stretch.   But yeah, *Russell* won the game with his almost single digit passer rating -- as if the rest of the team was irrelevant.

Just ridiculous.  The Seahawks punter throws a touchdown pass.  Seahawks recover an onside kick or the game is over.   Clinton-Dix drops a 5th interception or the game is over.    Lynch rushes for 157 yards caring the team down the stretch.   But yeah, *Russell* won the game with his almost single digit passer rating -- as if the rest of the team was irrelevant.

I am no Wilson fan, but he came through when it mattered most.  Plus it helped Green Bay pretty much giving it away.

Might not matter though.  Being a quarterback and possibly winning back to back Super Bowls even with that defense still makes him a great quarterback.  We will find out how good Seattle is in about one year when that $25 million a year contract sets in.

Winning a Super Bowl doesn't make one a great QB. Same for winning two Super Bowls.

Again, I like Russell Wilson. But that has nothing to do with how many rings he has / will have.