Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Twitter...Donte Whitmer to the Colts?

OnlyUtahColtsFan

Bc he isnt (Bullitt) that great. He average at best since Bethea saves him most of the time IMO. If you look at the game he misses lots of tackles.Plus whitner is exactly what we need a run stopping safety a la Bob while Bullitt doesnt have the body frame to work as run stopping safety. If we get whitner I say he starts next to bethea and bullitt comes in on special packages.

This is my opinion as well, but I'm not so sure that is Polian's opinion. My understanding is that they feel he's starter grade material.

Bc he isnt (Bullitt) that great. He average at best since Bethea saves him most of the time IMO. If you look at the game he misses lots of tackles.Plus whitner is exactly what we need a run stopping safety a la Bob while Bullitt doesnt have the body frame to work as run stopping safety. If we get whitner I say he starts next to bethea and bullitt comes in on special packages.

I completely agree! I love Bullitt as our nickle Safety but his run defense leaves something to be desired and in the cover 2 the SS position is expected to be able to consistently(sp?) stop the run. Whitmer would be very welcomed by myself!

I completely agree! I love Bullitt as our nickle Safety but his run defense leaves something to be desired and in the cover 2 the SS position is expected to be able to consistently(sp?) stop the run. Whitmer would be very welcomed by myself!

I have no problem with Bullitt being our starting SS. He makes plays and I think he is much better against the run than a lot of people are giving him credit for. HOWEVER, I would love to see us land Whitmer he is kind of a middle class man's Bob Sanders.