Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

One play better?

MR. Blueblood

I'm not sure what game this writer was watching, but the Colts were way more than one play better than the Bengals.  It really amazes me that people get paid to write this stuff, and unfortunately for those who didn't see the game and this may be their only take away from it, it really gives them no idea just how much the Colts whipped up on the Bengals again (especially in the 2nd half)

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/colts-one-play-better-than-bengals-and-thats-enough/ar-BBhvVAC?ocid=TSHDHP

I'm not sure what game this writer was watching, but the Colts were way more than one play better than the Bengals.  It really amazes me that people get paid to write this stuff, and unfortunately for those who didn't see the game and this may be their only take away from it, it really gives them no idea just how much the Colts whipped up on the Bengals again (especially in the 2nd half)

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/colts-one-play-better-than-bengals-and-thats-enough/ar-BBhvVAC?ocid=TSHDHP

Wow.  That's a professional writer? 

He must realize that teams play differently after getting a two score lead. 

Unfortunately, there are a lot of bad writers out there.....maybe a career change is in order....

Wow.  That's a professional writer? 

He must realize that teams play differently after getting a two score lead. 

Yeah, if you want to call him a professional writer.

One of the lines that gets me the most "The Colts against the Bengals got away with being only marginally better."

Ummm, I'm pretty sure we were a whole lot more than marginally better than the Bengals.  We won that game on all three phases, by a pretty decent margin.  The Benglas never answered the second half bell, rarely got beyond midfield on offense, Luck only had 2 incompletions, and our RBs killed plenty of time off the clock in the 4th.  McAfee kept Jones from ever getting anything going in the return game and Vinny was....well you know Vinny.

The only thing his article does is make fans ask why the Bengals weren't buried even deeper this game than they were earlier in the season.  Of course, our self inflicted penalty outbreak is still in full swing and our deep in the Red Zone offense engine is still sputtering.  The Bengals did (due to injury) come to a gunfight with a knife.  The only way the Colts lose that game is to shoot themselves in each foot multiple times (we tried) and then hand them the gun. But Luck fired a shot into the right corner of the end zone under duress for a Feed Moncrief TD and opened the gates wide ti victory land.  The guy still had some orange Kool-Aid to finish as he wrote this.