Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Question of the Day - 11/17 "Rear View Mirror"

sb41champs

:blueshoe:   I think it is fair to assume that ALL Colts fans have a "blue funk" kinda mood today - following yet another pasting by the Patriots.  

:blueshoe:   That said - let's look in to our "Colts Crystal Ball" - aka - the "Rear View Mirror".  After two significant losses to open the season the Colts seem to progress on a weekly basis - including a 27 - 0 shutout of the Bengals.

:blueshoe:   However - a little closer look in our mirror reveals some troubling trends in 2 of the last 3 games the Colts have played.  The major one being - the Colts STUNK !!

:blueshoe:   At this juncture of the season - the team should be well-rested and PEAKING.  Simply put - they aren't.

:blueshoe:   Do you believe the Colts are contenders or pretenders for post-season glory ??

If we can't beat the NE Patriots, our post season hopes will be shortlived. Is there any RB on their practice squad we can take off Foxboro's hands right now? Just kidding! 

The central idea being steal from premier teams like NE as often as possible. If you can beat em, make them a little weaker by making us stronger or at least closer to them on a competitive level anyway.

Plus, it conveys respect to BB's football program. I respect Pagano & Grigson on INDY's side naturally & I believe in what they are doing, but we have to figure out how to hang with NE, because until we do, there will be no SB rings under the Andrew Luck regime. 

:blueshoe:   Since the Colts have played very schizophrenic the past few weeks - I'm going to have to say "pretenders" for a real shot at the Super Bowl.  Additionally - we've lost RB Ahmad Bradshaw for the season meaning one of more potent offensive weapons is sidelined.

:blueshoe:   I DO think the Colts WILL secure a post-season berth - AND - host a home game in the wild-card round.  I believe they have the talent to win that game.  However - should we advance to play either the Broncos or Patriots - our "warts" will be exposed again.

I feel the Colts are beneficiaries of a very weak division.  In the games that would prove them to be worthy of post season glory, they have earned a solid F.  Thusly, I have no choice but to proclaim them pretenders in my book.

I think we have an outstanding QB, but coaching gaffs have really set the team back.  Were we in a competitive division, we would most likely mirror the Giants at this point and time.  (Ewwwww, maybe not as bad as the Giants.....)

I feel the Colts are beneficiaries of a very weak division.  In the games that would prove them to be worthy of post season glory, they have earned a solid F.  Thusly, I have no choice but to proclaim them pretenders in my book.

I think we have an outstanding QB, but coaching gaffs have really set the team back.  Were we in a competitive division, we would most likely mirror the Giants at this point and time.  (Ewwwww, maybe not as bad as the Giants.....)

The coaches can only coach the players on the field. Lots of finger pointing but the bottom line is we are still a draft or two away. It really is a lot to expect any team to be a super bowl contender in two seasons after a complete rebuild.