Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Workout OLB Victor Butler

SubZero

To bring in someone to the active roster we would have to move someone to PS or lose someone from the active roster. There are not a lot teams that have 3 true centers on their roster.

I realize all those guys can play G but their natural position is C. I was simply asking if looking at Harrison at starting C and looking at Shipley G could indicate we are going to lose on of our 3 centers to make room for some more help on D.

I have gotten enough good negative feed back if yours is going to be to tell me how stupid that is please don't respond. I realize that you like to have players that can play multiple positions along the line and most C's can kick to G and vice versa.

We do have primary C's on the roster. Holmes has the most recent experience at G Harrison hasn't played G since his freshman year I believe and Shipley by all accounts ins't very good at G.

It was just a thought. If your response is going to end in good grief please just disregard the question.

No worries.     I was just asking.    You just answered.    Everything is fine.

There's no reason for things to escalate.    It was just a question.

No worries.     I was just asking.    You just answered.    Everything is fine.

There's no reason for things to escalate.    It was just a question.

I wasn't talking about you escalating things.

I am serious if we bring in a some pass rush help or some help on the back end. Which either would make a ton of sense to me. `If Grig's can turn over another magic leaf. Top OLB in CFL who know.

Then looking at our roster we have 3 players that primarily play C. That is a little unusual. Typically you have G's who are true G's that back up the C position. It seems within the realm of possibility to me.

Although I guess if it's on the back end Brown would go and he would probably go to bring in the OLB as well.  

I just don't get the deal with Shipley and Harrison and now it seems Holmes is completely out of the picture.  Pagano going all hoodie on us with "we have centers on the roster".

Even the OC making it seem like he has no say in personnel. Pep said something like Coach will put our best guys out there. It is strange don't recall us being so hush hush in the past.  

It almost seems like there is a disconnect somewhere again reading too much into it I am sure.

I wasn't talking about you escalating things.

I am serious if we bring in a some pass rush help or some help on the back end. Which either would make a ton of sense to me. `If Grig's can turn over another magic leaf. Top OLB in CFL who know.

Then looking at our roster we have 3 players that primarily play C. That is a little unusual. Typically you have G's who are true G's that back up the C position. It seems within the realm of possibility to me.

Although I guess if it's on the back end Brown would go and he would probably go to bring in the OLB as well.

I just don't get the deal with Shipley and Harrison and now it seems Holmes is completely out of the picture. Pagano going all hoodie on us with "we have centers on the roster".

Even the OC making it seem like he has no say in personnel. Pep said something like Coach will put our best guys out there. It is strange don't recall us being so hush hush in the past.

It almost seems like there is a disconnect somewhere again reading too much into it I am sure.

Nope, not reading too much into it. You can hear the confidence the coaches have in Holmes starting to fade.

He was listed as " probable " for the JAX game, inactive list

Was inactive last week too wasn't he?

High ankle sprain is like a 4-6 week injury. Yes everyone is different, but Holmes should be 200% by now with this much time

Now Harrison is taking 1st reps over Holmes? It's something fishy going on in Indy and this time it isn't Long John Silver cooking in the kitchen

Nope, not reading too much into it. You can hear the confidence the coaches have in Holmes starting to fade.

He was listed as " probable " for the JAX game, inactive list

Was inactive last week too wasn't he?

High ankle sprain is like a 4-6 week injury. Yes everyone is different, but Holmes should be 200% by now with this much time

Now Harrison is taking 1st reps over Holmes? It's something fishy going on in Indy and this time it isn't Long John Silver cooking in the kitchen

I think you just solved the issue yourself...... 4 to.....6 weeks......They may just be giving Holmes a bit more time to recover considering Shipley has done just fine...At least pass blocking wise anyway

I think you just solved the issue yourself...... 4 to.....6 weeks......They may just be giving Holmes a bit more time to recover considering Shipley has done just fine...At least pass blocking wise anyway

He's been out like 2 months now. I'm just saying for all the hype they gave him this offseason about being "The Guy".... Sure doesn't look like they're in any rush to get him out there

This is why Pagano needs to stop hyping our players. If it's not guys like Andrew, Reggie, or Mathis the ones you know will deliver..... Don't make them seem like they're all great. Just say they're solid players and move on. Pagano does too much for me, makes every player seem top tier