Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Saints @ Browns

IcEWoLF

Brian Hoyer is for real. If they get Gordon back, they will be even more dangerous.

I think Gordon won't be eligible til week 10...and then must face his DWI issue so there is no certainty he will play this year. I will say that Brady backups have a way of making you think they have so much potential.....and then they leave NE and their warts come out. Hoyer is a solid dude but he ain't no second coming of Tom....neither is likely Jimmy either...even if I think the kid is a solid project. Whether its Cassell, Hoyer, or Mallett they have ended up more or less backup quality qbs and not starter quality. It was kinda like the Andy Reid effect lol always promising but not really able to deliver.

I think Gordon won't be eligible til week 10...and then must face his DWI issue so there is no certainty he will play this year. I will say that Brady backups have a way of making you think they have so much potential.....and then they leave NE and their warts come out. Hoyer is a solid dude but he ain't no second coming of Tom....neither is likely Jimmy either...even if I think the kid is a solid project. Whether its Cassell, Hoyer, or Mallett they have ended up more or less backup quality qbs and not starter quality. It was kinda like the Andy Reid effect lol always promising but not really able to deliver.

Yeah but Brady is a high stick to measure up to. ;)

I think Hoyer has the goods. We'll see how the season plays out but so far so good. Cassell may have single handedly jump started the Pats season. lol.

I think Hoyer has the goods. We'll see how the season plays out but so far so good. Cassell may have single handedly jump started the Pats season. lol.

I think Hoyer is a decent qb...to me its telling that Manziel can't beat him out. And yes....Cassell gave you guys one last solid with that game this week.....dang 4 ints and all TERRIBLE throws. I didn't think Minny would go to Bridgewater because I wasn't sure he was ready but it won't be long now....that was the best Tony Romo week 1 enpersonation I have ever seen!

It's been like this for the past few years. If our QB doesn't turn the ball over, we are in almost every game. It's just that Brandon Weeden was giving it away like he didn't want it for 2 seasons. As long as Hoyer can not turn it over, we can play with any team in the league. Hoyer isn't ever going to be a great QB, but he is viable and he can play in this league. 

Kyle Shannahan's offense is fantastic through 2 games. I can't remember the Browns ever being able to run the ball this well. So many wide open WR's, it's a breath of fresh air to be able to run the ball. 

LOL- yep that was a big jump start. Brady was still trying to figure out which was the positive and negative leads