Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ben Coates

number28

remember Ben Coates? Is it safe to say that he is the greatest TE in Patriots history? what are your opinions?

That dude was a beast and is one of the greatest TE's in the history of the game. I think he is one of the most underrated players in history as well.

What a remarkably random thread and thought.

My thoughts on Ben Coates? I don't.

I loved Ben Coates.

But Gronkowski is going to end up blowing him out of the water. Gronk is just as complete, but faster and with better hands.

Yeah but Gronkowski has Brady throwing to him and is a primary weapon in that offense. He also plays on a great team that makes it easier for him to pile up stats.

Coates has played on one of the worst teams for his entire career. Yeah, NE was terrible in those days. Yeah, Coates had Bledsoe who was great in his own right, but he wasnt primary target and since NE was so horrible he never had the opportunity to pile up even biggers stats.

Now taking all of that into consideration, if you look at Ben Coates stats, they are amazing for the situation he was in. I also dont think that Gronkowski will be able to match Coates stats in 94 and 95 seasons.

1994 NWE TE 87 16 16 96 1174 12.2 7 62 6.0 73.4 1 0 0 0 0.0 0.0 0.1 1174 7 2 12 I mean comon now

Yeah but Gronkowski has Brady throwing to him and is a primary weapon in that offense. He also plays on a great team that makes it easier for him to pile up stats.

Coates has played on one of the worst teams for his entire career. Yeah, NE was terrible in those days. Yeah, Coates had Bledsoe who was great in his own right, but he wasnt primary target and since NE was so horrible he never had the opportunity to pile up even biggers stats.

Now taking all of that into consideration, if you look at Ben Coates stats, they are amazing for the situation he was in. I also dont think that Gronkowski will be able to match Coates stats in 94 and 95 seasons.

1994 NWE TE 87 16 16 96 1174 12.2 7 62 6.0 73.4 1 0 0 0 0.0 0.0 0.1 1174 7 2 12 I mean comon now

I think the question that begs to be asked is:

Who cares?

I think the question that begs to be asked is:

Who cares?

Well I personally didn't know the player but at least it's something different than anything to do with QB Luck for a change. rotfl

Something different is refreshing after all the same ole same ole post. JMO of course.

If they were horrible he would have had plenty of opportunities to put up big stats.

If they were horrible he would have had plenty of opportunities to put up big stats.

remember Ben Coates? Is it safe to say that he is the greatest TE in Patriots history? what are your opinions?

That dude was a beast and is one of the greatest TE's in the history of the game. I think he is one of the most underrated players in history as well.

He was pretty good but Keith Jackson was better.