Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

How Big Of An Impact Does The Conditioning Coach Have?

WSO

I've read that a lot of the injuries could be attributed to the conditioning coach not doing his job. I don't know a lot about these "smaller role" (i dont know what else to call it) coaches but do you think its the root of the injury problem? I've always thought it was just because the Colts were undersized on defense but the Colts have had some offensive injury problems too

I've read that a lot of the injuries could be attributed to the conditioning coach not doing his job. I don't know a lot about these "smaller role" (i dont know what else to call it) coaches but do you think its the root of the injury problem? I've always thought it was just because the Colts were undersized on defense but the Colts have had some offensive injury problems too

Honestly, it might be a factor but no one can really say. Injuries happen, sure there are things a coach can do to minimize that chances of injuries happening but who's to say the conditioning coach hasn't done those things and out guys just keep getting hurt? No one can say for sure.

Honestly, it might be a factor but no one can really say. Injuries happen, sure there are things a coach can do to minimize that chances of injuries happening but who's to say the conditioning coach hasn't done those things and out guys just keep getting hurt? No one can say for sure.

I'd have to agree.

Its a factor yes, but there is no ONE factor. It would have to be done on a case to case basis. A Collie concussion cant be attributed to the SC Coach, but an Addai hammy pull could be. Also, you'd have to factor in the player themself, and in the Colts case he is almost always undersized, which certainly doesn't help the situation.