Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2014 Colts = 2008 Cardinals

vinsanity

What do you guys think? With defense coming along, could be very comparable, especially in the offensive skilled positions

3 capable WRs with possible 1000 yards each.

Fitz vs Wayne

Boldin vs Nicks

Breaston vs Hilton

RB

Hightower, Edge vs Bradshaw, TRich

TE

Could prove themselves as reliable red zone targets

Food for thought I suppose

What do you guys think? With defense coming along, could be very comparable, especially in the offensive skilled positions

3 capable WRs with possible 1000 yards each.

Fitz vs Wayne

Boldin vs Nicks

Breaston vs Hilton

RB

Hightower, Edge vs Bradshaw, TRich

TE

Could prove themselves as reliable red zone targets

Food for thought I suppose

Fitzgerald was probably the best receiver in the league that year, and definitely in the playoffs. So they were better than us at the top of the WR corps, but I think our #3, whoever it is, is better than Breaston was. I also think our TEs are much better. Backs might be a push, but that's to be determined.

The main difference is that Kurt Warner was on his way to a HOF worthy end of his career, with incredible accuracy and greater efficiency than Luck has shown to this point in his career. So this is a very ambitious comparison, to say the least. If Luck plays QB the way Warner did in 2008, then we'll all be very happy.

Fitzgerald was probably the best receiver in the league that year, and definitely in the playoffs. So they were better than us at the top of the WR corps, but I think our #3, whoever it is, is better than Breaston was. I also think our TEs are much better. Backs might be a push, but that's to be determined.

The main difference is that Kurt Warner was on his way to a HOF worthy end of his career, with incredible accuracy and greater efficiency than Luck has shown to this point in his career. So this is a very ambitious comparison, to say the least. If Luck plays QB the way Warner did in 2008, then we'll all be very happy.

They're (Zona) a classic example of how anything can happen in the playoffs and the best team in the league doesn't always win it.  They easily could have won that game.

The Ravens are another example with their last SB.

The only comparison with them that I want to happen is getting hot in January (and February).

Luck > Warner

Really?  That is likely a premature comparison-

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000373865/article/hall-of-fame-class-of-2015-forecast-kurt-warner-makes-the-cut

I hope he does make it in.  A late start but two very productive runs with two teams.  To me, MVP is more than stat stuffing over a great number of years... but doing that helps too.

Hopefully down the road, Luck shows even better.