Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

does chud put pep in hot water

CR91

Only if a person has a glass half-empty personality. ;)

as do so many of the posters here so should come as no surprise that I could have thought you were one of them ;)

But now after the additional clarification I know that's not the case :)

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't see Pep ever being HC material. I think he's a little inexperienced and too quiet to be a leader of an entire franchise. I think there is a better chance of Chudzinski getting a HC offer and bolting than Pep. That's why it's really best for everyone if Pep stays the OC for awhile.

What he really needs to do is figure out how to work the run game into the offense effectively. He's in a tough position though because he has Richardson to deal with. Had we still had a healthy Vick Ballard last season, I think his running on 1st and 2nd down, might have actually been more effective. In the one game he played, Ballard already had 60 yards before the injury. Richardson was struggling to get even 30 a game.

But he has shown the ability to adapt and change, which is good. The way he utilized Brown and Richardson (getting him in space) later on was impressive. He also did a fantastic job with Luck in terms of numbers. Not that stats always matter but he improved his Comp %, cut the INTs in half, and upped his TD's. He also gave the passing attack the balance it lacked with Arians. Lots of chunk plays, rather than going deep every time. But like I said, his approach to the run game put Luck in awkward situations, which handicapped the passing game at times (forcing Luck into 3rd and 10 situations because he ran on 1st and 2nd down). 

I like Chud, but I believe in Pep's ability to adapt.

I can't see Pep ever being HC material. I think he's a little inexperienced and too quiet to be a leader of an entire franchise. I think there is a better chance of Chudzinski getting a HC offer and bolting than Pep. That's why it's really best for everyone if Pep stays the OC for awhile.

What he really needs to do is figure out how to work the run game into the offense effectively. He's in a tough position though because he has Richardson to deal with. Had we still had a healthy Vick Ballard last season, I think his running on 1st and 2nd down, might have actually been more effective. In the one game he played, Ballard already had 60 yards before the injury. Richardson was struggling to get even 30 a game.

But he has shown the ability to adapt and change, which is good. The way he utilized Brown and Richardson (getting him in space) later on was impressive. He also did a fantastic job with Luck in terms of numbers. Not that stats always matter but he improved his Comp %, cut the INTs in half, and upped his TD's. He also gave the passing attack the balance it lacked with Arians. Lots of chunk plays, rather than going deep every time. But like I said, his approach to the run game put Luck in awkward situations, which handicapped the passing game at times (forcing Luck into 3rd and 10 situations because he ran on 1st and 2nd down). 

I like Chud, but I believe in Pep's ability to adapt.

People once said that about Tony Dungy he did alright for a guy who was viewed as "too quiet."

I, for one, really like Pep and the direction he is taking with the offense; and there is only ONE hiring that would ever cause me to jump on the "out with Pep" bandwagon...

June Jones

He may be the exact opposite to Pep scheme-wise, but I always love watching his offenses.  I think he would make our offense extremely fun to watch (but it might not translate into wins).

Until that day, Pep has my full confidence and backing (even though I'm sure it means absolutely NOTHING to him)!