Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mike Adams

scousecolt

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He was our best safety a few years back. I thought it was stupid that we let him go to Denver. He's a pretty good player, but he is on the same path as Dquell Jackson. Good guy, good player but on the downside of their careers. 

This gives us 3 Fightin' Blue Hens from University of Delaware on our roster now -- Zach Kerr at DT, Marcus Burley at CB and Mike Adams at S.  I personally think Burley has a shot at making our roster or being placed on the P.S. again -- he was a little raw coming out of UD but he benched 225 lbs 17 times and ran his 40 yard dash in 4.35 seconds.

I know a lot of people are high on Kerr, and I think at the least Burley can compete to make this team as a ST'er/athlete.  I hope Adams can mentor these 2 young men and some of the other younger players we have in the secondary.  While I won't be shocked if Adams makes our team as a starter, a back-up, or doesn't make our team at all I think he is a definite improvement over Corey Lynch as far as a veteran S goes, so I really like this signing -- low risk, potentially decent sized reward.

This gives us 3 Fightin' Blue Hens from University of Delaware on our roster now -- Zach Kerr at DT, Marcus Burley at CB and Mike Adams at S.  I personally think Burley has a shot at making our roster or being placed on the P.S. again -- he was a little raw coming out of UD but he benched 225 lbs 17 times and ran his 40 yard dash in 4.35 seconds.

I know a lot of people are high on Kerr, and I think at the least Burley can compete to make this team as a ST'er/athlete.  I hope Adams can mentor these 2 young men and some of the other younger players we have in the secondary.  While I won't be shocked if Adams makes our team as a starter, a back-up, or doesn't make our team at all I think he is a definite improvement over Corey Lynch as far as a veteran S goes, so I really like this signing -- low risk, potentially decent sized reward.

I think he is just what the Dr ordered. I was hoping we would look at him earlier as a Vet to bring in that is descent in coverage.  I think he makes the team pushes Howell may even start and will be a great mentor. We have a lot of young guys on the back end when you look at the UDFA's as well. I think he could be like Reggie his presence back there will make everyone better and know that it means to be a pro. I really like the guy. Now don't get me wrong he isn't following 87 to the Hall but he knows what it takes to make it in this league and how to get the most out of his ability. Let that rub off on a few of the youngsters.