Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

It's the offseason, time to share something I've been working on for a bit.

Dark_Indy

Hey guys, with the draft winding down, I wanted to share one of my hobbies with you. I collect autographs and one of my favorite autograph collections is my Indianapolis Colts one. I've got almost everyone on the roster who has had a card, and I spend quite a bit of time researching if a card was ever made for certain players. I've had to dig deep to find some of these autographs, like the Jerrell Freeman one- I had to have a friend who lives in Canada contact sports cards shops to find it, then he shipped it down to the states to me. Some autographs, like one of the Bjoern Werner, the Andrew Luck, one of the Fleeners, the Vinatieri and Hassleback have all come in person or through the mail from the person themselves. I do have the defense displayed in a frame- with Darius Butler filling in the Free Safety spot. Also have a few Ex-Colts autographs for those feeling sentimental, and 3/5 of the Starting five for the Pacers. As for the empty sleeve on the O-Line, I've got a Jack Mewholt coming in soon.

Anyone else collect Colts autographs?

36088ee0-9e49-4a51-a573-d20db6d6d222_zps20140510_163402_zps5c8f6e71.jpg20140510_163455_zps769db731.jpg89f9f5c6-2cf6-485f-8f2a-3995843c776c_zpsc335205c-6a6f-4393-a9ab-b9a141bd8662_zps20140510_163643_zpsa4dbaebf.jpg20140510_163712_zps97ad4417.jpg20140510_163728_zps0b01aa68.jpg

NICE Collection! Lots of time and energy went into that I am sure!

Not a card guy - but I have a John Unitas/Peyton Manning signed football, and I need to get Andrew to sign it. I guess I should wait til after we win the super bowl - I am in New York. It is easy during camp to get Andrew's signature?

ColtsHappy

NICE Collection! Lots of time and energy went into that I am sure!

Not a card guy - but I have a John Unitas/Peyton Manning signed football, and I need to get Andrew to sign it. I guess I should wait til after we win the super bowl - I am in New York. It is easy during camp to get Andrew's signature?

ColtsHappy

It's not hard to get any one player's autograph during TC, it's just if you want Multiples, then it's insane. I live in Florida (Born in Bloomington, IN) So I send stuff to a good friend of mine in Indy to get signed if he can. 

Very cool!!

Thanks! 

I figured it would get more love on here than it does at home. My girlfriend gets upset every time I get another autograph. Luckily for her, I'm only needing one more for the Colts and about 8 more for the Pacers.

Money perhaps?  I imagine they weren't all free.  

Great collection.  I covet stuff like Mark Twain and others who have directly moved me in one way or another, but I love seeing someone's passion so fully realized in a collection like yours.  I have over 100K CD's (and most of them in digital form as well) so I kind of got hosed with the upgrade in technology, but like Record albums, it's fun to browse through liner notes etc.  

Thanks for sharing, very cool

Brian

Money perhaps?  I imagine they weren't all free.  

Great collection.  I covet stuff like Mark Twain and others who have directly moved me in one way or another, but I love seeing someone's passion so fully realized in a collection like yours.  I have over 100K CD's (and most of them in digital form as well) so I kind of got hosed with the upgrade in technology, but like Record albums, it's fun to browse through liner notes etc.  

Thanks for sharing, very cool

Brian

Yeah, some autographs get pricey >$10 each, and that can add up over six, seven, eight high profile players (PG, Reggie, TY, Mathis etc.) It's generally a matter of watching the prices and waiting for a decent deal if I can't get a player to sign a card through the mail. 

Luck doesn't sign anything anymore. His rookie season he did, but I've sent him two or three cards since then, and I get them back unsigned with a second Andrew Luck card in the envelope that he or someone else just puts in there and sends back.