Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Last time Colts had 59th pick

12isthenew18

Not to mention that he was always drafting late in the rounds every year.

And strong emphasis on EVERY year. Most successful teams have an occassional off year, which allows a gm to take a top talent or trade down for value. Polian was picking in the twenties almost every season.

When he did get early picks he often delivered franchise players. For the Colts alone:

Manning

James

Freeney

Love him or hate him - It is easier for people to hate him now that he is gone; his track record of drafting players is as good as any in the history of the NFL.

Check out Polian's drafts from 2007 to 2011 sometime. 

Early on he was as good as it gets.  His last 5 years were atrocious;  we all saw how good his roster was in 2011 when we lost our best player and the rest of the squad looked like a pop warner team and finished with the worst record in the league.

Check out Polian's drafts from 2007 to 2011 sometime. 

Early on he was as good as it gets.  His last 5 years were atrocious;  we all saw how good his roster was in 2011 when we lost our best player and the rest of the squad looked like a pop warner team and finished with the worst record in the league.

Check the rest of my posts and you will see that I have already said that. I also gave several reasons as to why I believe it happened. 

When we look at Bill Polian's entire career; it was stellar.

Check the rest of my posts and you will see that I have already said that. I also gave several reasons as to why I believe it happened. 

When we look at Bill Polian's entire career; it was stellar.

Up until 2007 it was stellar.

His last 5 years were so embarrassingly bad he should have been fired for breach of contract.

Up until 2007 it was stellar.

His last 5 years were so embarrassingly bad he should have been fired for breach of contract.

Good things will eventually come to an end. It doesn't mean we should overlook his successes. 

Good things will eventually come to an end. It doesn't mean we should overlook his successes. 

Nope.  As I said, he was at the top of his game until 2007.  Likely it was because Chris started making the decisions at that point, but who knows.  Hard for me to believe that Bill went from being that good to that bad in one offseason.

Nope.  As I said, he was at the top of his game until 2007.  Likely it was because Chris started making the decisions at that point, but who knows.  Hard for me to believe that Bill went from being that good to that bad in one offseason.

All points I agree with; although, I gave reasons as to why I believe it may have happened. 

Many people on this board choose to ignore Polian's accomplishments and instead focus on the last 4 years. 

You jumped in this debate late, and based on your responses, if you read all of my posts in this thread then you will probably agree with me.