Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

So if the Texans draft Clowney and he lives up to the hype, should we be worried?

They definitely could cause us some problems, but as has been said there are ways to neutralize them. Plus they are could have some issues trying to defend all our passing options. If we get better at the run game too, then they are not gonna be able to just sit back and send Watt and Clowney at Luck every play. I still think were gonna be the better team.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Thread of the Week

• Topics

• I had Goncalves in my mock, in the 4th round. Basically in range. I like the pick, I assume his foot is fine, he said as much, and he worked out at his pro day. Big dude, nice feet, good technique in pass pro, can get stronger to improve in the run game, technically sound for the most part.    I wanted two things on offense this offseason: 1) A dynamic pass catcher, and 2) Depth/competition on the OL, specifically a swing tackle/guard. I was hoping for a veteran OL in addition to a draft pick, but we re-signed Pinter, so I guess we can count that. And as a bonus, Drew Ogletree is back on the roster, after I thought he was for sure going to be gone.   IMO, the offense is ready to roll. I was worried that Plan A at WR -- get a guy in the second round -- was shot after the way Thursday night went. Plan A wound up working out nicely.   The secondary could still use some work. I would have liked to see an athletic boost with a boundary corner, but this wasn't really the draft for that. And while I'm not sure what will happen after the draft, there are a ton of veteran corners and safeties still available. Including Justin Simmons and Quandre Diggs, whom everyone wanted on Day 1 on free agency. So maybe we still add some veteran help.   We also have one 4th round pick, and then three 5th rounders all bunched up from #142 to #155. Ballard already traded out of the 6th, and I wouldn't be surprised to see him either trade out of the 7th, or trade down in a swap that also moves him up higher from one of the 4th/5th round picks. He might want to keep a pick in the 7th just to grab their favorite UDFA target...
    • I read a comparison of George Pickens, think it was on NFL.com
    • I love what Ballard had done. However, it's not going to be that easy . This guy has all the talent to be legit. He has been to two teams and the same theme keeps reoccurring. He was most likely supported by nutritionists in his last two stops in college. For some reason, he failed to do, what seemed to be  a simple task, to take care of his health. He appeared to continue to bomb the interview process. All world talent inside a very immature body. Here is hoping that he can become what the Colts drafted him to be. 
    • Really? I haven't seen those comparisons, and if that is happening, I do not agree with them at all. Especially Campbell, who was a clear slot guy right from the start, whereas Mitchell is a a clear X with the potential to be a number 1 receiver as an X. 
  • Members

• Shepman

Shepman 400

• CR91

CR91 12,698

• HOZER

HOZER 4,639

• IndyEV

IndyEV 91

• Powerslave

Powerslave 52

• bluephantom87