Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Couple of updates; players met with at pro days.

Lankford is interesting.  He was out all of 2013 with a shoulder injury.  He may be that 6th/7th round sleeper.  Maybe UFA?  He is also a KR  Here are his stats at Pro Day.

If Ryan Lankford was at the NFL Scouting Combine….

- His 40 yard dash time of 4.36 would have ranked 3rd among WR and 4th overall
- His broad jump of 10’ 7” would have ranked 3rd among WR
- His 60-yard shuttle time of 11.00 would have ranked 4th among WR and 5th overall
- His 3-cone time of 6.76 would have ranked 10th among WR
- Lankford did not participate in the bench press due to a shoulder injury

I Think we've looked at ( or been linked to the following:

Jimmie Ward safety NIU

Will Sutton DT/NT ASU

Taylor Hart DE/OLB Oregon

Scott Crichon DE/OLB Oregon State

Demarcus Lawrence DE/OLB Boise State

David Fluellen HB Toledo

Joel Bitonio OT Nevada

Of those- I would love to get Marcus Smith and Jimmie Ward.

I also hope Chuck and Grigs look at Allen Robinson (Penn State) John Urschel (Penn State) Shayne Skov (Stanford) Jordan Matthews (Vandy) Justin Ellis (Louisiana Tech) and Sean Parker (Washington)

Here is a list from Walter Football about players that have met with the Colts, and when

coltsb_logo.gif Indianapolis Colts:
Preston Brown, LB, Louisville (PRO)
Dee Ford, DL, Auburn (SR)
Adrian Hubbard, LB, Alabama (SR)
Ryan Lankford, WR, Illinois (PRO)
Arthur Lynch, TE, Georgia (SR)
Jerick McKinnon, RB, Georgia Southern (SR)
Michael Sam, LB, Missouri (SR)
Jalen Saunders, WR, Oklahoma (SR)
Marcus Smith%, LB, Louisville (PRO) (SR)
Logan Thomas, QB, Virginia Tech (COM)

I follow OU football.Saunders is a good receiver and returner but isn't even 170 lbs, though he plays bigger..He had 5 catches against Bama in the Fiesta Bowl for 75 yards and 2 TD...

OU also has a guy that couldn't work out due to injuries who I wouldn't mind seeing in a Colts uniform.I like this kid way better than Havili, and he is sometimes used at TE, so he could fill emergency in case of what happened last year.

Their fullback Trey Millard is a beast..He got hurt late last season and didn't participate in the combine due to injury..If he can come back from a ACL tear..the kid is a multiple threat. He was OU's third down guy until he got hurt.

6'2..245-253 4.5ish 40

OU ran a lot of different backs in and out, but where Millard stands out is his ability to catch the ball out of the backfield..and is also a very good blocker. He's ranked the 4th best fullback in the draft, and is projected to go around round 7..He would make a great addition for special teams, as well as insurance in the backfield. I'd take him over Havili anytime..I can't believe no one is looking at him...I'd sign him as an un-drafted FA for practice squad.

From ESPN top 5 injured players coming in to the draft..

Trey Millard, FB/RB/TE, Oklahoma: Millard, who ranked No. 11 in our preseason Top 25, brought so many things to the Sooners' offense both in production and intangibles. He was pretty much guaranteed a spot in our postseason list until Oct. 26, when a torn ACL suffered against Texas Tech ended his season and his OU career five games too early. It's a shame we only got to see him touch the ball 28 times is his final season, but Millard and his many niche contributions won't soon be forgotten by Sooners fans.

Another article on Millard

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1829152-how-devastating-is-the-loss-of-trey-millard-to-oklahoma