Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Heyward-Bey = Nicks according to Polian

azcolt

I get that there are other considerations when contracting, but my point is that the primary driving factor for any contract is how good the player is.  While it's not an accurate assumption that two players with equal contracts will be equal in talent, it's a fairly good starting point.

And what I am saying is you are incorrect. Contracts are based on anticipated production not talent.  Hicks is a perfect example, he is a very talented WR but his anticipated production is that of a #3 WR who may miss some time due to injury on a team with a good QB and also has a talented backfield and wants to run the ball more.

DHB is without a doubt less talented but he will probably end up on a team where is anticipated production will be that of a #3 or #4 WR and special teams player.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't listen to a thing this guy says where he literally lost his creditability for me is when he grades DHB a c a freaking c a guy who went from a starting wide out to literally playing just on ST I know Mcglynn was awful last year but he never lost his stating job he even filled in at center and played pretty well and he has him lower that DHB one of the least credible sources I have ever read, I say swig some mouth wash and get that sour taste out of your mouth  

And what I am saying is you are incorrect. Contracts are based on anticipated production not talent.  Hicks is a perfect example, he is a very talented WR but his anticipated production is that of a #3 WR who may miss some time due to injury on a team with a good QB and also has a talented backfield and wants to run the ball more.

DHB is without a doubt less talented but he will probably end up on a team where is anticipated production will be that of a #3 or #4 WR and special teams player.

What he brings to the team, is what I meant.  I just used talent as a shorthand version instead of typing out "what he brings to the team" a bunch of times.  Was hoping you'd pick up on that.

Techincally speaking DHB doesn't have a job now does he? Didn't we sign him to a 1 year show & prove contract? So he's sitting around waiting on a call, right?

maybe a team gives him a call to be a ST's gunner at league min....

but he'd prob. drop the phone...

ooops, has that one been done before???