Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

How have our division rivals been doing in FA thus far?

zibby43

i know right and they wonder why they always suck still not as funny as the 49ers going and trading for gabbert that had me in tears laughing

And then they traded for Johnathon Martin too. 49ers had some head scratchers today.

SF is stacked with both players and draft picks; they are collecting cheap low risk, high reward players and if they work out than great they found a gem, and if not they toss them away after training camp.

They are trying to work a trade for Ryan Mallett. Evidently their coach, who knows Mallett well thinks he is better right now that the top three QBs in the draft. I haven't heard anyone outside of Indy (and I hear it here a lot) say anything other than Clowney will be a star and is the best player in the draft.

He is far from a sure thing in the nfl

Jaguars are doing real well, IMO.

They signed Red Bryant. Now, they will get Chris Clemons, former Seahawk to bolster that D-line considerably.

They did sign Beadles, who is hit and miss. They re-signed their own Will Blackmon, a quality CB.

Now, they just need a QB and an offense, which will take a couple of years but I think they can beat you now if you don't bring your A game, unlike last year where a B game sufficed a lot of times.

Not really

Oh okay.  Well if we don't have a problem with mobile QBs, how do you account for the following?

Pyror almost beat us in the Raiders game because we couldn't get off the field on third down (lots of scrambling for first downs).

He had 112 yards rushing.

Wilson's mobility killed us early in the Seattle game.

He had 102 yards rushing against us that game.

The only time we did well against a mobile QB was the SF game. 

It just so happened that the San Francisco game was the most complete game we played all season.  The 49ers offense wasn't on the field much because we were controlling the clock with our running game.

Oh okay.  Well if we don't have a problem with mobile QBs, how do you account for the following?

Pyror almost beat us in the Raiders game because we couldn't get off the field on third down (lots of scrambling for first downs).

It just so happened that the San Francisco game was the most complete game we played all season.  The 49ers offense wasn't on the field much because we were controlling the clock with our running game.

Palmer 114 rating

Rivers 97 rating

Tannehill 104 rating

Clemons 140 rating

Manning 96 rating

Fitzpatrick 111 rating

Dalton 120 rating

Keenum 122 rating

Pryor 70 rating

Kaepernick 49 rating

Wilson 78 rating

And given the fact the Colts beat all three teams with mobile/running QB's, I fear the pocket passer more.

Palmer 114 rating

Rivers 97 rating

Tannehill 104 rating

Clemons 140 rating

Manning 96 rating

Fitzpatrick 111 rating

Dalton 120 rating

Keenum 122 rating

Pryor 70 rating

Kaepernick 49 rating

Wilson 78 rating

And given the fact the Colts beat all three teams with mobile/running QB's, I fear the pocket passer more.

So what you're trying to say is that all QBs give us fits.

We barely squeaked out those wins against Seattle and Oakland.

And each team had over 100 yards rushing.  From the QB position.  I don't see how that can be construed as handling mobile QBs well. 

So what you're trying to say is that all QBs give us fits.

We barely squeaked out those wins against Seattle and Oakland.

And each team had over 100 yards rushing.  From the QB position.  I don't see how that can be construed as handling mobile QBs well.

Okay....then they don't give the Colts anymore (probably less) problems than traditional quarterbacks. While they may make you pull your hair out during the game, they aren't anymore effective.

Oh okay. Well if we don't have a problem with mobile QBs, how do you account for the following?

It just so happened that the San Francisco game was the most complete game we played all season. The 49ers offense wasn't on the field much because we were controlling the clock with our running game.

3-O in those games

3-O in those games

Some of you guys just crack me up.  Will not give an inch.  Stubborn as can be. 

The point was that we won in spite of letting the QBs run wild.

They were close games.  The Raiders game shouldn't have been close.