Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts officially did NOT use franchise tag on any player

TKnight24

Well in that scenario I'm fine with it. Now we need a plan to drop Vaughn from the team. Hopefully Sheldon Price can step up. Or Josh Gordy

Grigson is very high on Price.  While he was lost last preseason, he improved immeasurably on the Practice Squad.  Grigs mentioned him after the year was over.  You cannot 'teach' that physicality and size.

I have been wanting a Vaughn goodbye for a long time....funny thing, to me I dislike Gordy just as much...I know some folks like him.  All I see is him getting beat.

Grigson is very high on Price. While he was lost last preseason, he improved immeasurably on the Practice Squad. Grigs mentioned him after the year was over. You cannot 'teach' that physicality and size.

I have been wanting a Vaughn goodbye for a long time....funny thing, to me I dislike Gordy just as much...I know some folks like him. All I see is him getting beat.

Gordy was solid in round 1 vs Kansas City. Wish i could say the same for round 2 but our entire secondary was terrible that time around

Gordy played just as well as Toler did (even looked like him) but for a lot less money and stayed healthy. I'm fine with keeping Gordy. 

Hopefully Price turns into something for us! 

I thought Vaughn did better than he had in the past.  I guess I am so used to them both getting beat over the middle...I am getting immune to anything good they do.

Our best D was played when we had our starters out there and Toler was NOT injured.  Once he got the injury bug he was very bad.  I feel Toler was playing hurt before his groin injury.  

One thing for sure with Gordy AND Vaughn...the guys can flat out fly.  Also, Vaughn stayed in the endzone on Kickoffs...unlike David "I'm bringin' it out' Reed.  Here he is seen on a 16 yard return....to his own six yard line...:)

bspr6008.jpg

Everyone here thinks Davis is so valuable.

Personally I thought he was lousy last year.

I'd rather Alterraun Verner, Talib or someone else.

Do you think Patrick Peterson is lousy?

Davis: thrown at 85 times for 43 completions (50% completion; 6th in the NFL), 560 yards, 13.0 YPR, 12 plays on the ball

PP: thrown at 90 times for 49 receptions (54% completion), 688 yards, 14.0 YPR, 9 plays on the ball

Yeah, Vontae seems fairly inconsistent, but he's an impressive tackler and has the ability to occasionally shut down his man. I'm not opposed to getting someone else, but I'd like to have Davis back at the right price. He still has room to grow, and the talent around him hasn't been too consistent themselves. Heck some of them seem to barely see the field sometimes. (Looking at you Toler and Landry).