Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Andrew Luck First QB taken in 2nd day of draft

Naptown Lifer

I read this in the Star today. He is on team Prime with guess who as coach? Prime said Pagano influenced him to take luck ahead of Rivers, Brees, and Newton. Still pretty awesome. Now Colts fans have another valid argument in the "Luck is better than x-player."

Not really.  If Pete Carroll had been the coach I would bet my paycheck he would have convinced Prime to draft Wilson.  If Sean Payton had been coach then Prime would have drafted Brees etc etc.  ;)

ps. http://forums.colts.com/topic/26053-andrew-no1-pick-again/

Guest TeamLoloJones

Not really.  If Pete Carroll had been the coach I would bet my paycheck he would have convinced Prime to draft Wilson.  If Sean Payton had been coach then Prime would have drafted Brees etc etc.   ;)

ps. http://forums.colts.com/topic/26053-andrew-no1-pick-again/

I think Deion likes Luck.  He's usually praising him while at the same time being overly critical the rest of the Colts.

I think Deion likes Luck.  He's usually praising him while at the same time being overly critical the rest of the Colts.

I think all those commentators on TV are "acting" in assigned roles not necessarily representing their own opinions. It has to be some different "ideas" even when they all believe the same. I don't take their comments seriously unless it is technical.

I think all those commentators on TV are "acting" in assigned roles not necessarily representing their own opinions. It has to be some different "ideas" even when they all believe the same. I don't take their comments seriously unless it is technical.

Pretty much.  Jon Gruden is the perfect example of this if you've ever heard about some of his outtakes.  Nothing but positivity and "I love this kid" when the cameras are rolling, a little more coach-like and critical with them off.

Pretty much.  Jon Gruden is the perfect example of this if you've ever heard about some of his outtakes.  Nothing but positivity and "I love this kid" when the cameras are rolling, a little more coach-like and critical with them off.

not to be rude, but when are you around john gruden with the cameras off?

not to be rude, but when are you around john gruden with the cameras off?

I'm not personally.  I do know people with varying levels of NFL press access, though.  Just to be clear, I'm not saying Gruden is a dick off screen or anything... just from what I've heard he's just slightly more realistic.