Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

We Have No Athletes In Our Secondary..

oldunclemark

We are so non-athletic in the secondary...

Our guys arent fast arent big and cant jump....on good days

The problem is: THEY ARE TRYING AS HARD AS THEY CAN..

..they just arent NFL caliber secondary people..

we really need 2 new corners and a strong safety...

Real players..not Too Small Jones and Too Slow Joe

None of our pass defenses will ever work..because we are playing NFL football with Mountain West caliber DBs

Coaching is the bigger issue. Powers and Bethea have shown they can be very good players. Powers hasn't done much this year, but Bethea certainly has. Let me make this 100% clear though, we are NOT the fastest defense in football. We have the fastest front 7, but our secondary doesn't have much speed at all

Coaching is the bigger issue. Powers and Bethea have shown they can be very good players. Powers hasn't done much this year, but Bethea certainly has. Let me make this 100% clear though, we are NOT the fastest defense in football. We have the fastest front 7, but our secondary doesn't have much speed at all

excellent point! it's not even the front seven though, it's only the two starting de's that are fast.

I agree, only "athletic" (but I know what you mean) players in our secondary are Powers and Bethea. Bethea is VERY underrated when it comes to ranking safeties in the NFL.

I like Bethea...too....

..and non-athletic is the wrong word with Powers....He's just a little overmatched against more WRs...

Our D is based on sure solid tacklers..and that's the big hole at strong safety..

But we have to draft a big physical corner because of Houston and Tennesse and the WRs they have

..we need to address it like we addressed O-line last year

Antoine Bethea, Jerraud Powers and Melvin Bullit, especially Bethea. The scheme is the problem and the lack of good players at CB is the problem... don't start talking about their athleticism because that's not the problem

I dont agree with this at all, kevin thomas, bethea, powers, lefeged are all athletic... heck all the players are athletic... if they werent they wouldnt be in the nfl, but some of them just dont have the talent or just need the playing time... i think come next year these players could pan off big for the colts.

Did anyone notice that our seconday is made up of low round draft picks? The highest were jerraud powers and kevin thomas.... At rd 3...... Though Bethea and Powers are great players. I dont think we can continue this "starting udfa players" thing.. I think we gotta reach up high and snag a playmaker with one of our first two picks in the draft.. Im not saying we cant have a legit secondary with udfa players. But for us it isnt working... We gotta use a high pick on a playmaker...

Did anyone notice that our seconday is made up of low round draft picks? The highest were jerraud powers and kevin thomas.... At rd 3...... Though Bethea and Powers are great players. I dont think we can continue this "starting udfa players" thing.. I think we gotta reach up high and snag a playmaker with one of our first two picks in the draft.. Im not saying we cant have a legit secondary with udfa players. But for us it isnt working... We gotta use a high pick on a playmaker...

If they produce, it doesn't matter where they were taken.

But yes, we should consider CB at the top of the draft in April.

If they produce, it doesn't matter where they were taken.

But yes, we should consider CB at the top of the draft in April.

It does matter where they are taken, you get better quality players in the early rounds obviously hence filling your defense with low round picks brings down your chances of having a good defense much less a great one.... obviously you wont have high draft picks playing at every position but having them at some of the most important parts would help.

Coming agree with you. As I have said on other posts, I think we would have two Revis' playing back there and would still give up many points. When you are playing off a receiver so far, nobody will get covered.